Reflective moment between a man and his dog

arroyosharkarroyoshark Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited October 28, 2006 in People
A good friend of mine contacted me to photograph him with his golden retreiver this week. He and his wife rescue goldens and take them in as members of the family. John really bonded with this goldie, named Leo, and he was saddened, Monday, to find out Leo has a malignant tumor. The dog is given maybe a month to survive. While waiting for his wife to sit with him for a photo, I caught John and Leo in what seemed to be a personal moment. I thought it told a story and it was worth sharing.
Available light is any damn light that's available -W. Eugene Smith

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    Really good...it looks as if the dog is reading your friends thoughts and feels his sorry for the upcoming loss.bowdown.gifthumb
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    What a touching moment. I can relate, having just lost my yellow lab at 13.

The photo could use some contract & it has a blue cast.

:)
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 28, 2006
    I'm sorry for john's upcoming loss and sorry for yours, owen-

I have to believe all dogs go to heaven-

they just have too much of a soul-
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    gefillmore wrote:
    I'm sorry for john's upcoming loss and sorry for yours, owen-

I have to believe all dogs go to heaven-

they just have too much of a soul-

What a touching/telling moment. I agree with George and I believe all dogs DO go to heaven! Must have been hard to take these shots...I would have been a basket-case, I'm sure. :cry
  • arroyosharkarroyoshark Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    What a touching/telling moment. I agree with George and I believe all dogs DO go to heaven! Must have been hard to take these shots...I would have been a basket-case, I'm sure. :cry

Thanks, Saurora, these folks usually keep around three goldens, all rescued from animal sanctuaries and shelters. The couple didn't have kids, so when they adopt a dog, it's like a dog winning the lottery. This particular golden had been my friend's close companion and the upcoming few weeks will be tough for both of them.
    Available light is any damn light that's available -W. Eugene Smith