video on smugmug?

trihokietrihokie Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
edited October 28, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I was just looking at the smugmug pro information page and noticed that we can upload video clips. Can someone give me a link to a thread that discusses the specifications and proceedures for uploading video to our smugmug web site?
Thanks

Hokies Rule!
www.trihokie.com

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    trihokie wrote:
    I was just looking at the smugmug pro information page and noticed that we can upload video clips. Can someone give me a link to a thread that discusses the specifications and proceedures for uploading video to our smugmug web site?
    Thanks

http://www.smugmug.com/help/video
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/video-clips-online
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • ErikmateyErikmatey Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    why size limit?
    Just wondering why, if smugmug offers unlimited storage, there is a limit to the size of video files. Is is a bandwith issue? or something towards that nature, or is it just to keep the storage free for images. I know, as someone getting into the wedding genre, that If I could show professional looking videos (without "youtube" or "google" plastered on the frame) that I would be using this service, thus driving more views to the sight and even possibly more sales. I would not mind paying a small nominal fee (yearly) on top of the professional package to be able to upload and show files in the range of 40-50mb.
    Thanks

Erik
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    Erikmatey wrote:
    Just wondering why, if smugmug offers unlimited storage, there is a limit to the size of video files. Is is a bandwith issue? or something towards that nature, or is it just to keep the storage free for images. I know, as someone getting into the wedding genre, that If I could show professional looking videos (without "youtube" or "google" plastered on the frame) that I would be using this service, thus driving more views to the sight and even possibly more sales. I would not mind paying a small nominal fee (yearly) on top of the professional package to be able to upload and show files in the range of 40-50mb.
    Thanks

Erik
    Hi Erik, thanks for letting us know how important this is for you! I'll be sure our Product Manager sees this thumb.gif
  • ErikmateyErikmatey Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Erik, thanks for letting us know how important this is for you! I'll be sure our Product Manager sees this thumb.gif

Thanks, It's really nice to belong to a company such as this... One that listens and actually considers and even implements customers Ideas!!

THANKS!!

Erik