PhotoShop keyboard shortcut

dplacedplace Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 28, 2006 in Finishing School
recently moved from PS6 on Windoze to CS2 on Mac ... with the former there was a keyboard shortcut ctrl + alt + ~ ...can't find the same on the Mac ... it should be cmd+opt+~ on the mac but that doesn't work ... has it been removed ? ... anyone know ?!?

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    It's been a long time since I've visited this issue, and I'm kind of foggy about the details, but here's what I remember:

If you go into System Preferences>Keyboard & Mouse>Keyboard Shortcuts, I believe that you'll find that the system has mapped that key combo to one of the system functions, and most likely one that you don't need. Either just turn it off by clicking the checkbox, or change the key combo to something that doesn't conflict with PS by selecting the command, and then typing the new key combo.

I'm pretty sure that'll fix you up.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • dplacedplace Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 28, 2006
    shortcut
    gus:

the first link shows: Add Composite Selection Windows: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+ ~ or Mac: Cmd+Option+Shift+ ~

the problem is it does not work with my apple keyboard ... its supposed to make a partial selection of the image starting with the highlights & selecting down to near the midtones ... very helpful ... but I'm not returning to windows to have it ...

DavidTo:

this is something programed into PhotoShop ... not something one can assign a keystroke to ...

thanks to both ...
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    dplace wrote:
    DavidTo:

this is something programed into PhotoShop ... not something one can assign a keystroke to ...

thanks to both ...

I know this. What I'm saying is that the System Preferences are conflicting, and you need to eliminate the conflict by changing the System Preference.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    Andy uses this selection method all the time. Surely he would have run into this conflict? And if, a solution?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    Andy uses this selection method all the time. Surely he would have run into this conflict? And if, a solution?
    I have, and I do. All you ever need in this life, is right here on Dgrin:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=176013#post176013

wave.gif