Doll.

gavingavin Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
edited October 30, 2006 in People
First time sorta trying this. Any comments are most welcome :)

brianntrialmb7.jpg
D700 and some glass

www.gjohnstone.com

Comments

• gavingavin Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2006
    50 views and not a single comment? All im looking for is suggestions on this type of photography?
    D700 and some glass

www.gjohnstone.com
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2006
    gavin wrote:
    50 views and not a single comment? All im looking for is suggestions on this type of photography?

50 views without a comment is not so odd.

i like the picture overall, seems pretty sharp, particularly her eyes, but i could give you a couple criticisms. the neck is much brighter than the face, which doesn't look good imo. i think some more contrast would be good.

what kind of suggestions do you want?
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2006
    The skin blurring technique you used looks poorly done - her drawn on eyelashes loose sharpness and her skin appears to be out of focus, which is confusing because the DOF would indicate it SHOULD be in focus considering her hair is naturally out of focus.. I do like the whimsicale catchlight in her eye and the rhinestones - but again, you blurred them unnaturally.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2006
    I like it, but the lighting is off a bit. But since I don't do studio lighting, I can make any suggestions other than moving it up and a bit further away. I'm thinking it's a bit too close for what I would expect from her outfit/makeup.

Great capture of her eyes! And the skin tones look good to me....

I might frame it a bit closer on the bottom, though!

For a first time, this is really nice!
  • gavingavin Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2006
    ANother shot. middle a little hot, might need to burn that.

bricopylj2.jpg
    D700 and some glass

www.gjohnstone.com
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2006
    The top half of this photo is wonderful in my opinion. Just the light and expression that personify a doll. However, I think it is ruined by the bottom half- it is too dark and doesn't go with the rest of the image.
    In my opinion I think it would work better as a vertical crop from the top of her head to no further down than the pink ribbon on her dress. Try it and see.
    Nice job and don't get discouraged by lack of posts I find it hard to know what to say about a picture a lot of the time.
    I think your first one had almost perfect lighting on the face it was a tad off- maybe too much of a shadow line. I think it should have been more uniform maybe even lights on both sides of her face.
    I'd like to see more, keep it up.
    Happy Halloween,
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com