Tribe Football Homecoming Game

IreneRojasIreneRojas Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited November 2, 2006 in Sports
Here are some pics from William and Mary's homecoming game, which we lost. (boo) My last football pics were taken at night... and what a difference the sun and higher shutter speeds make.
Enjoy, and anything you'd like to add is welcomed.

Irene

106042347-L.jpg
Junior Mike Potts passes the ball, while sophomore DeBrian Holmes, right, guards him during the Homecoming game.

106042408-L.jpg
Senior Elijah Brooks tries to avoid Villanova's defense during the Homecoming game.

106042664-L.jpg
Tribe senior Elijah Brooks, front, runs the ball down the field, with help from Rob Varno during the Homecoming game. [I took this picture while trying to get out his way.]

106042600-L.jpg
Sophomore DeBrian Holmes, right, runs with the ball after getting it from junior Mike Potts during the Homecoming game.
Irene Rojas
BlogWebsite

Comments

• johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2006
    Really good. 1 & 3 are very, very nice. 2 is excellent timing, but don't like the cropped-off foot. Since the foot is gone, maybe a horizontal crop isolating the torsos and accentuating the stiff-arm.

On the last shot, I think the fact the back is leaving the frame and the quarterback is OOF makes the shot not work for me. I think there needs to be more space for the back to run into for the shot to be effective. And it's underexposed (as compared to the previous 2 shots where you can more clearly make out facial features).

So, IMO, 1&3 are keepers and 2 will be the best of the lot if you can get a different crop to compensate for the foot.

Thanks for sharing.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited October 30, 2006
    Nice. I like 2 & 3. 4 doesn't do it for me--maybe a tighter crop would work?

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • IreneRojasIreneRojas Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    Thanks
    Thanks for looking, and I'll keep your comments in mind next time.

Irene
    Irene Rojas
    BlogWebsite
  • galaxycowpokegalaxycowpoke Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    Super nice. I especially like the man-on-man contest of number two.

But I think they are all interesting and characterized by a defining action and struggle captured with technical proficiency. That takes conceptualization, planning, and knowing where to stand!

Good stuff.

P.S. For me the depth of field on number four is perfect. I like that the quarterback is out of focus. I think that's the way it should be. The running back is the real story here. The quarterback's role has faded, and the focus has shifted to the back; and that's exactly the way you captured the scene. I also like that they are moving away from each other. The overall composition works for me, too. I also think the exposure is fine: unlike the other photos, the sun was out on this frame: that's the reason for the stronger shadows on the faces.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    These are excellent!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 2, 2006
    Outstanding... Thanks for sharingclap.gif