What a difference a year makes:
43613855-S.jpg
Chris

Comments

• Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2006
    ChrisJ wrote:

What a difference a year makes:

Chris, What a difference a year makes in both your son and your photo skills. This is a great shot to look back on for years to come. Good work. I like it!

Tim

Edit: Maybe try and clone in some pumkins into the upper right corner. A little distracting. But still a very nice photo.
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2006
    Wonderful! The first one looks a little "orange"... and no, I'm not joking! Laughing.gif! You may want to cool the shot just slightly to get more natural skin tones.

I agree about cloning in some pumpkins....

It's amazing to see the difference in your son as well as your skills! Awesome shot! I just love how you captured his expression perfectly!
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2006
    rolleyes1.gif Great pair. Thanks for sharing!

Erich
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2006
    Chris, What a difference a year makes in both your son and your photo skills. This is a great shot to look back on for years to come. Good work. I like it!

Tim

Edit: Maybe try and clone in some pumkins into the upper right corner. A little distracting. But still a very nice photo.
    Thanks, Tim. This shot was fresh off the camera, so I didn't do much to it. I tried to frame it with as many pumpkins as possible... with the expression, I got, I don't mind that I missed some!
    Chris
    edited October 30, 2006
    Wonderful! The first one looks a little "orange"... and no, I'm not joking! Laughing.gif! You may want to cool the shot just slightly to get more natural skin tones.

I agree about cloning in some pumpkins....

It's amazing to see the difference in your son as well as your skills! Awesome shot! I just love how you captured his expression perfectly!
    Good eye, Andi... the picture was actually taken in a tent, and light was filtering through its red canvas. I did a quick fix, but really need to seperate the boy from the pumpkins to make it perfect.

Thanks for the nice comments/suggestions!
    Chris
  • ZoeZoe Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2006
    ChrisJ wrote:
    Good eye, Andi... the picture was actually taken in a tent, and light was filtering through its red canvas. I did a quick fix, but really need to seperate the boy from the pumpkins to make it perfect.

Thanks for the nice comments/suggestions!

Excellent! an I love love love that scull shirt! I need that for my boys.
    Zoe (Nikon toys)
    zb Photography
    Blog
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2006
    Such a cutie pootie...love to see the kid pictures. thumb.gif
    edited October 30, 2006
    Thanks Erich, Zoe, and Seneca!

My wife found the t-shirt a couple of weeks ago; she couldn't resist it. :ivar
    Chris
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    What a comparison
    We have similar shots of our pumpkin boy (grandson) and I should haul them out and put all 5 years together! He humors us going to the pumpkin farms because of the pony rides he gets :-)

I agree your pumpkin boy is way too orange, but I'm not sure I mind the missing pumpkins -- it shows the "pumpkin patch" atmosphere quite well. I love his expression!
    edited November 1, 2006
    Quick Color Correction...
    Any better? I also tried cloning some pumpkins in... too hard! :D

107214052-L.jpg
    Chris
    edited November 1, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    We have similar shots of our pumpkin boy (grandson) and I should haul them out and put all 5 years together! He humors us going to the pumpkin farms because of the pony rides he gets :-)

I agree your pumpkin boy is way too orange, but I'm not sure I mind the missing pumpkins -- it shows the "pumpkin patch" atmosphere quite well. I love his expression!
    Thanks, Dee! I definitely think it will be interesting to have "point in time" shots throughout the years. Having them in the same frame is a nice idea.
    Chris