Bug: Delete photo doesn't work long-term if occurs while system still processing img

ms9ms9 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited October 29, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Last night, while the servers were kinda slow, i uploaded a couple of images. They were still in-processing with that pixel/box icon there. Then i wanted to delete them, so went ahead with it. They disappeared. Then next day, they are back. I think when the system writes out the image after processing, that it doesn't first check for an intermediary delete that may have occurred in the meantime. or the other way to do it is have the delete action trigger out to stop the image processing altogether. not really a big deal, but wanted to mention it nonetheless. thanks. btw, smugmug rules! :)

ps. i tried to use the BugReporter tool for this, but when i submitted it, i lost the whole thing as i had no login ID... am just going to post here instead now, thx.

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2006
    I had a similar issue
    ms9 wrote:
    Last night, while the servers were kinda slow, i uploaded a couple of images. They were still in-processing with that pixel/box icon there. Then i wanted to delete them, so went ahead with it. They disappeared. Then next day, they are back. I think when the system writes out the image after processing, that it doesn't first check for an intermediary delete that may have occurred in the meantime. or the other way to do it is have the delete action trigger out to stop the image processing altogether. not really a big deal, but wanted to mention it nonetheless. thanks. btw, smugmug rules! :)

ps. i tried to use the BugReporter tool for this, but when i submitted it, i lost the whole thing as i had no login ID... am just going to post here instead now, thx.

In a related observation, Replace Photo doesn't work either on an image in processing It appears to work right after you use Replace Photo, but the processing apparently continues to be in the queue and then when it finishes, it wipes out your Replace Photo changed photo.

If these bugs were to be avoided, it appears that Smugmug would either need to disable these functions while the image was "processing" so we couldn't delete or replace (or probably other things too) OR when the image finishes processing, it needs to check to see if one of these other functions has been used and NOT replace the current image with the one that finally finished processing.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2006
    Hi Guys, thanks for posting. I'll ask Ben to comment.

Thanks.