Options

HP Printer Cartridges???

Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
edited December 25, 2004 in Digital Darkroom
:dunno Hi all. I have a HP psc 2175 and it's time to replace the ink. My question is, is it worth the extra money for the "Photo" cartridge? I print about 10-15 photos a month and roughly 200 typed pages a month. Will the typed pages eat up the photo cartridge? Does anyone know if I'll even be able to tell a difference with the phot cartridge? Any feedback would be great. Thanks in advance.:thumb

Eric and Susan
"My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2004
    I have a HP 5550, not a great printer, but acceptable. I don't buy the photo cartridge. I have a few times, but I don't notice the difference.

I just printed some photos this week, they looked fine, just like on my uncallibrated monitor. I gave them as Christmas presents.

For important stuff I have my stuff printed. And it looks fine, too. I may just be a pretty accepting person, kind of like.........whatever.

No, I don't buy that cartridge. Maybe the purists can enlighten both of us.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2004
    I feel that the photo cartridge is needed when you do archival work. Most of such work will be 8x10 or larger. I'll send that out. I stick to what comes with my printer, but get the best paper that I can afford.