Password Protect Printing

Patrick B CoxPatrick B Cox Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited October 30, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way to only allow printing with a password? I would like to permit only certain people to print my photos.

Thanks!

Comments

• RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2006
    Is there a way to only allow printing with a password? I would like to permit only certain people to print my photos.

Thanks!

Here is what I did once:

Created two galleries. The first being a view-only gallery that is not password protected. The second would be a password-protected gallery that allows printing. Gave this second gallery a specific name such as "Order Prints Here" or whatever that keys people to that specific gallery.

In the captions for each image in the view-only gallery you could put a hyperlink to the printing gallery; e.g., "To order prints of this image go here..." Again, the person would still need the password, but this way it might help the person navigate.

Make duplicates of the images in the first gallery that you want to allow printing then move those copies to the protected gallery so you don't have to upload twice.

Hope this helps. Others might have alternative (better) solutions.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2006

Thanks!
    Hi Patrick,

There's not a way, I'm sorry. You can have a pw on the whole gallery, but not for printing only.

Wish I had a better answer for you!
  • Patrick B CoxPatrick B Cox Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited October 30, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Patrick,

There's not a way, I'm sorry. You can have a pw on the whole gallery, but not for printing only.

Wish I had a better answer for you!

Thanks for your response. I guess this could be considered a feature request. :D