Options

Photo Size question

mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
edited October 30, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have read the help screens and searched Dgrin but I may not be seeing the info I was looking for due to "bus (as in school bus) lag". (A long chaperoning gig.)

I have a photo that I cannot determine what size I need to set it to so that it can be printed via EZPrints. This is the photo's link: http://MusicMan5.smugmug.com/photos/106183749-L.jpg

This is 3 photos stitched together. I Photoshopped (PSE5) it after stitching it to remove a blank spot and to add the text. I then saved it as a Tiff, as I was reasonably sure the size would be wrong. I was under a time crunch yesterday and wanted to get a version of this photo posted so I went with this one.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2006
    mrcoons wrote:
    Suggestions?

I'm making you a new version of this photo, withOUT a severe color cast. Standby.

What size are you wanting to print this? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2006
    mrcoons wrote:
    Suggestions?

Original
    106183749-L.jpg

Color Corrected
    106568329-L.jpg

It's in your gallery.
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2006
    Now I feel really bad that I did not notice that! I had color corrected the idividual photos - after I had stitched them into this shot and never thought about this one! What a bozo! Thanks Andy. clap.gif

"What size are you wanting to print this?"

What 'size' is my problem. The size it is now won't print the whole image. If the original individual photos would have printed at 4X6, I'd estimate that this image is somewhere around 4X14 allowing for overlap. What would you recommend? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2006
    mrcoons wrote:
    Now I feel really bad that I did not notice that! I had color corrected the idividual photos - after I had stitched them into this shot and never thought about this one! What a bozo! Thanks Andy. clap.gif

"What size are you wanting to print this?"

What 'size' is my problem. The size it is now won't print the whole image. If the original individual photos would have printed at 4X6, I'd estimate that this image is somewhere around 4X14 allowing for overlap. What would you recommend? headscratch.gif

Print it on 8x12, or some size like that, and choose "no crop" thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2006
    No Crop!!!
    I'm here to tell you that "bus lag" is 10 times worse than jet lag! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Why else would I not have turned the crop off! rolleyes1.gif

So to prevent the customers from having this problem I will add this:
    106591142-L.jpg

to my blog.

Thanks a lot Andy, hopefully a good night sleep tonight will help!