Adobe Bridge Settings

jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
edited October 31, 2006 in Finishing School
I run Adobe Bridge in filmstrip mode with the current/selected image in the center. But the selected image does not fill the available space; lottsa gray around the edges. I can not for the life of me find a setting/preference that allows me to expand the image to fill the workspace.:scratch I am constantly opening images in Camera RAW to enlarge for a better view.

I guess I understand not having the zoom or move function in Bridge, but you would think you could use all the available real estate. Monitor is 24" 16:10 Flat panel. Any help welcome!
"Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
-Fleetwood Mac

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    jdryan3 wrote:
    I run Adobe Bridge in filmstrip mode with the current/selected image in the center. But the selected image does not fill the available space; lottsa gray around the edges. I can not for the life of me find a setting/preference that allows me to expand the image to fill the workspace.headscratch.gif I am constantly opening images in Camera RAW to enlarge for a better view.

I guess I understand not having the zoom or move function in Bridge, but you would think you could use all the available real estate. Monitor is 24" 16:10 Flat panel. Any help welcome!

There's a slider near the bottom right of the screen. Make sure it's all the way to the right to make the largest preview image possible in Bridge. That will make it as large as it can do in this version. I think it's related to the size of the cached thumbnails that it builds. Lightroom allows full zooming in it's similar view so I think Adobe is working on fixing this - hopefully those enhancements will come to a future version of Bridge too.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    I think that the slider that John is refering to is for the thumbnail, not the image in the main window.

I work in RAW and I noticed that a photo that I cropped in ACR appeared smaller than the other non-cropped photos in the main image area. I have been using CS2 since it came out and I'm almost sure that it didn't always behave this way. I haven't found a way to resize the image in the main window. Everything else scales automatically.

The interesting thing is that if I make a jpeg from the ACR cropped RAW image (the one that looks smaller), it will take up the maximum space in the main window.

My guess is that Bridge is rendering an image from a thumbnail from the raw file.

Sorry, don't have a solution for you.