Motorcycle photography

Steve1962Steve1962 Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
edited November 1, 2006 in Holy Macro
Here are some shots I've taken of my motorbike ................

c790863413mw1.jpg

Chilson010Medium.jpg

Agameofcricket042Medium.jpg

cornbury017Medium.jpg

Riseandshine017Medium.jpg

ThePanzerrollson020Medium.jpg

Wychwoodforest017Medium.jpg

twistsandturns032Medium.jpg

Reflections001Medium-1.jpg

Reflections015Medium-1.jpg

Reflections005Medium.jpg

Steve

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Steve1962 wrote:
    Here are some shots I've taken of my motorbike ................
    Steve

Hi Steve....... you got some really nice shots there clap.gif

I love what you did to that first shot nod.gif nice colour tone, great reflection.
    Using the Mirrors and the sunglasses make interesting shots, you should be pretty pleased with this lot, they look great........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Steve1962Steve1962 Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Photos
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Steve....... you got some really nice shots there clap.gif

I love what you did to that first shot nod.gif nice colour tone, great reflection.
    Using the Mirrors and the sunglasses make interesting shots, you should be pretty pleased with this lot, they look great........ Skippy (Australia)

Hi Skippy,
    Thanks for the positive feedback .
    Since getting the camera I'm always on the lookout for an interesting angle to photograph , and have done loads of " experimenting " , most of which has ended up " on the cutting room floor " as they say .
    I don't have the technical know how [ patience ] to understand the complexities of what my camera / software can do , but seem to have an eye for a good shot [ so I'm told ] .
    I still can't fathom / master the Macro function on the camera , it seems to me that I have to be at the exact ideal distance from the object , otherwise the photo is no good headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gif .
    Still ,
    I'm having fun and enjoy looking at other folks photos .

Steve
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited October 31, 2006
    Nice shiney RT for ya!

I like what you've done with in post--the green on black is pretty cool.

ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited October 31, 2006
    Black on green
    ian408 wrote:
    Nice shiney RT for ya!

I like what you've done with in post--the green on black is pretty cool.

ian

Ian,
    Thanks .
    I used Picasa 2 for that one , and also the one before it .

Steve
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    nice series Steve !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Please number your shots as you post them next time. Makes easiser to reference them. :)

The first one, too much reflection for my tastes. Detracts from the bike. Plus I can see you in the reflection as well. If you want that much reflection then re-position slightly so we can't see the photographer. If you don't want the reflection buy a circular polarizer.

I'm not fond of the 2nd or 3rd. More of a landscape shot than a bike shot.

Four and Five I like but you need a circular polarizer. The reflections can be nice but IMHO are over-done in these shots. It depends on whether these are truly bike shots, or are simply artistic shots that happen to have a bike in them. See the difference? Number six is also a shot that is more of a landscape shot than it is a bike shot.

I'm not saying that is bad, just pointing it out because you said these are bike pics. To me they aren't bike pics, they are artistic and non-traditional landscapes that happen to have a bike in them. Number eight, for example, I would not consider a picture of a bike.

I also like numbers 9 and 11.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
    edited November 1, 2006
    mercphoto wrote:
    Please number your shots as you post them next time. Makes easiser to reference them. :)

The first one, too much reflection for my tastes. Detracts from the bike. Plus I can see you in the reflection as well. If you want that much reflection then re-position slightly so we can't see the photographer. If you don't want the reflection buy a circular polarizer.

I'm not fond of the 2nd or 3rd. More of a landscape shot than a bike shot.

Four and Five I like but you need a circular polarizer. The reflections can be nice but IMHO are over-done in these shots. It depends on whether these are truly bike shots, or are simply artistic shots that happen to have a bike in them. See the difference? Number six is also a shot that is more of a landscape shot than it is a bike shot.

I'm not saying that is bad, just pointing it out because you said these are bike pics. To me they aren't bike pics, they are artistic and non-traditional landscapes that happen to have a bike in them. Number eight, for example, I would not consider a picture of a bike.

I also like numbers 9 and 11.

Bill ,

I hear what you are saying here , and will take your comments on board .

Thanks
    Steve