DSLR Question

BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
edited November 1, 2006 in Cameras
Does keeping the lens on the camera at all times effect anything? I often see people when not using the cam, they take the lens off and cap everything. Is their a reason for this?:huh
Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal

Comments

• marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Brett wrote:
    Does keeping the lens on the camera at all times effect anything? I often see people when not using the cam, they take the lens off and cap everything. Is their a reason for this?eek7.gif

The only reason to do it is if you are unlikely to use that lens the next time you grab your camera or if it doesn't fit in your bag with the lens attached.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited November 1, 2006
    The only reason to do it is if you are unlikely to use that lens the next time you grab your camera or if it doesn't fit in your bag with the lens attached.

15524779-Ti.gif Unnecessary removal or change of the lens allows dust to enter the mirror box and induces wear and tear on the lens mount.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    Brett wrote:
    Does keeping the lens on the camera at all times effect anything?
    It makes it easier to take photographs.

lol3.gif

No reason at all to remove the lens... until you're ready for a new one.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited November 1, 2006
    The ONLY time I have ever used the body cap for the lens mounting flange since I took it off after purchasing my DSLR bodies, is when I sent one in to Canon Factory Service for repair, and they requested it to not have a lens on it.
    Otherwise, my DSLR bodies always are wearing a lens of some sort. Long, short, macro, wide, SOMETHING!! Not a body flange cap!!:D
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin