Can't stay logged in

snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
edited November 2, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I've been having trouble for two days now. I thought it was a temporary glitch, but it's driving me crazy now. As I move from page to page I find I'm no longer logged in. When I type in the code to enter a comment on the daily photo community, it won't take. It keeps saying try again. Sometimes it comes up asking for my name and link, so I find I'm no longer logged in. When I try to change a title on a gallery, it won't update. So many things are not working, I can't figure it out. Can someone take a look please.
"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
Susan Appel Photography My Blog

Comments

• Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Have you tried deleting the cookie for www.smugmug. and yourname.smugmug.com? Also try clearing your browser cache (or better yet (so you don't loose the cache) try a different browser like Firefox).

Tell m if that works.
    My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    Get busy living or get busy dying
    --Stephen King
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Mac Write wrote:
    Have you tried deleting the cookie for www.smugmug. and yourname.smugmug.com? Also try clearing your browser cache (or better yet (so you don't loose the cache) try a different browser like Firefox).

Tell m if that works.

I have tried everything. I use Firefox. I tried others, but still have problems. I cleared cache and cookies, rebooted several times. Turned off Zone Alarm. Still have same problems.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    snapapple wrote:
    I've been having trouble for two days now. I thought it was a temporary glitch, but it's driving me crazy now. As I move from page to page I find I'm no longer logged in. When I type in the code to enter a comment on the daily photo community, it won't take. It keeps saying try again. Sometimes it comes up asking for my name and link, so I find I'm no longer logged in. When I try to change a title on a gallery, it won't update. So many things are not working, I can't figure it out. Can someone take a look please.
    I know the problem, Snappy. I've mentioned before - your domain is forwarded, not properly CNAMEd to SmugMug. Forwarded domains, won't carry the cookie properly to keep you logged in, they won't work with your customers' gallery passwords, and shopping carts, too. Your domain is hitting this IP: 64.202.189.170 which is not us.

You'll want to properly CNAME it, here are our instructions:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts
    and also my blog entry on the subject:
    http://blogs.smugmug.com/pros/2005/12/01/dont-get-framed-or-forwarded/

Holler if we can help you at all with that thumb.gif
    edited November 2, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I know the problem, Snappy. I've mentioned before - your domain is forwarded, not properly CNAMEd to SmugMug. Forwarded domains, won't carry the cookie properly to keep you logged in, they won't work with your customers' gallery passwords, and shopping carts, too. Your domain is hitting this IP: 64.202.189.170 which is not us.

You'll want to properly CNAME it, here are our instructions:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts
    and also my blog entry on the subject:
    http://blogs.smugmug.com/pros/2005/12/01/dont-get-framed-or-forwarded/

Holler if we can help you at all with that thumb.gif

Thanks Andy. I checked my Godaddy account and sure enough it had forwarding AND a CNAME. I thought I had removed that forwarding ages ago when we discussed it before. Anyway, I removed the forwarding and put in just a CNAME to "snapapple.smugmug.com".

I recently got a new domain name of "AppelImages". So here's my question: Can I CNAME two domain names to "snapapple.smugmug.com"?

If not, do I CNAME "susanappelphotography" to www.appelimages.com and then CNAME appelimages.com to www.snapapple.smugmug.com?

I also have a domain of "susanappel.com". Do I CNAME it to www.susanappelphotography or to www.appelimages or to www.snapapple.smugmug.com?

Whew! So confusing.

The numbers that you mentioned are the address of Godaddy. They say to leave that alone. So I did. I can call them again if you think it's wrong.

I know their help people can be wrong. I had a heck of a time with my email because they had that wrong. (I got it fixed now.)

All offers of help are appreciated. Thanks.
    edited November 2, 2006
    snapapple wrote:
    Thanks Andy. I checked my Godaddy account and sure enough it had forwarding AND a CNAME. I thought I had removed that forwarding ages ago when we discussed it before. Anyway, I removed the forwarding and put in just a CNAME to "snapapple.smugmug.com".

I recently got a new domain name of "AppelImages". So here's my question: Can I CNAME two domain names to "snapapple.smugmug.com"?

If not, do I CNAME "susanappelphotography" to www.appelimages.com and then CNAME appelimages.com to www.snapapple.smugmug.com?

I also have a domain of "susanappel.com". Do I CNAME it to www.susanappelphotography or to www.appelimages or to www.snapapple.smugmug.com?

Whew! So confusing.

The numbers that you mentioned are the address of Godaddy. They say to leave that alone. So I did. I can call them again if you think it's wrong.

I know their help people can be wrong. I had a heck of a time with my email because they had that wrong. (I got it fixed now.)

All offers of help are appreciated. Thanks.

Still have questions. Can you help?
    edited November 2, 2006
    Y ou cannot cname two names to us.
    You can try forwarding the NEW name to your existing name thumb.gif
    edited November 2, 2006
    snapapple wrote:
    Still have questions. Can you help?
    Snappy,

email our help desk with your login stuff for godaddy. We'll ensure that your acct is set up properly.

We do it all the time.

help@smugmug.com and it'll be taken care of tomorrow deal.gif