Svetlana (6 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited November 2, 2006 in People
Priviet (Hello in Russian), dear friends!
So called Golden Autumn here is coming to an end...
Maybe some of them will be interesting to you...
I'm esp. interested in your thoughts about the last one...
4251.jpg
4250.jpg
4252.jpg
4249.jpg
4253.jpg
4254.jpg
BTW her name Svetlana means Light :-)
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    As I have written in the past - I'm always interested in your shots. I like some better than others but they are always very interesting. bowdown.gifbowdown.gif

As for a comment on the last one - I offer mine only with the understanding that you are obligated to tell us how you did this!!

I think the last one is great! What ever you did very successfully seperates the model from the background without being too over-powering! The effect is fantastic and dynamic. It immediately drew me in and focused my attention on the young lady. Just a fantastic job!!thumb.gif

Forgot to mention that I think her expression in the last one is the most interesting as well.
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    I also like the last one. I assume it was taken with a lens baby.

Excellent work as always.
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    Yuri...you have a true talent in photography...excellent!
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    I think this is my least favorite set of your pictures, perhaps because you don't have a single 'Yuri headshot' in the batch. I also find the zoom effect to be cheesy and not classic enough for your style. I don't find her all that attractive either. I don't know; something about this set just didn't talk to me.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    iloveyou.gifweldone ! as always
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • steelephotography.comsteelephotography.com Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    Excellent....
    I agree with what Scott said, I will always stop and check out your images Yuri... They are very much art in the strictest definition...

DS
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited November 1, 2006
    Yuri, I favor 1 and 3. The seperation of the model from the colored leaves works nicely. Just a hint of 'come hither' in 3.

The B&W conversion in 4 is nice, and I like the expression and the composition. Number 2 seems too dark in her coat and dress.

I do not like #5, the wrinkled blouse does not work for my eye.

Number 6 seems blurred, unsharp, low contrast, not very well executed sepia, so I am not the fan of #6 which other viewers give very high regard.ne_nau.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    i never thought i would say this to you yuri. for once, i think you should've ditched the girl and just shot that scenery. those leaves look fantastic, and the girl isn't doing much for me.
  • gavingavin Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2006
    First picture is the best out of this set of photos. Love the look on her face and her pose. Looks very nateral! great shot! #rd shot is like this as well.

Last shot not suer if you used a lensbaby or Zoom blur in PS but i don;t like the effect makes me dizzy. Sky is Hot.

Just on a side not, I don't see why people are commenting on the attractiveness of the girl? Not everyone is a blond babe that everyoen fantasizes about. SHe is an attractive woman and even if she wasn't ( which i get the feeling some don't think so) why does it matter?) If she likes them thats all the counts.

If you can take a picture of a girl that she can look at her self and say wow i look beautiful then you acomplished somthing.
    D700 and some glass

www.gjohnstone.com
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2006
    Very good, my friend!
    Priviet (Hello in Russian), dear friends!
    So called Golden Autumn here is coming to an end...
    Just for the record, it's a season called "Indian Summer" in English-speaking world..
    Great shots!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2006
    Ahhh! I like these! One thing I miss in your other photos is emotion. You have some amazing technique, lighting is gorgeous, settings are amazing, models are beautiful - but they don't always have emotion..... But several of these really do!

#1 - Hmmm, copping an attitude? I love it! She's got a great pose, stands out very well from the background and is obviously the focus of the image. Gorgeous!

#2 - I'm not sure I love her pose, but couldn't tell you how to fix it. I love the setting and the lighting seems nice, but I'd love for that attitude I saw in the first shot. Or something the opposite. She just looks bored here.

#3 - My favorite by far! Love her stance, her expression, the lighting, the background. Just wonderful and very interesting.

#4 - I like it, but don't love it. I keep trying to figure out why, but I just can't. She's happy, pretty, and it's technically good, but I dont' find it interesting. Does that make sense?

#5 - Eh. Her pose seems forced and she doesn't seem into it. It could have been a good shot, but it's not quite.

#6 - Gosh, I keep looking at this one and thinking, "I like it! Eh, not so much. No, I like it for sure! Wait, I'm getting dizzy." Laughing.gif! I think this is a wonderful shot and don't think it *needs* the blurring effect. So many photos that are mediocre can benefit from something like this, but I don't think it makes this a better shot. I like it as you have it, but think I'd like it a bit more without it. Maybe.

Thanks for numbering the photos!

I think this is one of my favorite shoots so far!
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2006
    gavin wrote:
    Just on a side not, I don't see why people are commenting on the attractiveness of the girl? Not everyone is a blond babe that everyoen fantasizes about. SHe is an attractive woman and even if she wasn't ( which i get the feeling some don't think so) why does it matter?) If she likes them thats all the counts.

Yuri takes many pictures of women who are not "blond babes" and makes them look perfectly amazing and very attractive.
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2006
    Hi, Yuri
    I think this is a interesting set of photos.
    I like the poses for photos 1, 3 & 5 and the photos look great.
    In photo #2 the model looks stiff maybe, if she had her hand on her hip might help.
    I like the blur effect on #6 the best.

Take Care,
    Charles Cassidy,
    Cassidy's Photography,
    http://www.modellocate.com/action/goto/uid=4447
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2006
    Oh, Andi
    Again thank you for your wonderful critique!
    In fact, I wasnt satisfied with this session and (cause I'm not a pro) in fact I hoped that autumn surroundings and this old buildings will help me, but...
    She was too strict and I took the wrong direction...
    Again, SPASIBO, dear Andi!
    Yuri
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2006
    Again thank you for your wonderful critique!
    In fact, I wasnt satisfied with this session and (cause I'm not a pro) in fact I hoped that autumn surroundings and this old buildings will help me, but...
    She was too strict and I took the wrong direction...
    Again, SPASIBO, dear Andi!
    Yuri
    All this is nice, but you still haven't told us how you did the last one! Come on - your audience awaits you!bowdown.gifbowdown.gif

Was it, in fact, a lens baby?
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2006
    Scott
    All this is nice, but you still haven't told us how you did the last one! Come on - your audience awaits you!bowdown.gifbowdown.gif

Was it, in fact, a lens baby?
    Oh, Scott - just no sectrets!
    As you might know, I use Opticvervelabs free downloaded plugins for PP in my work. And here 'spooky' was used. I like very much these plugins! You can easily download them for free here http://www.optikvervelabs.com
    Spasibo for your interest,
    Yuri
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2006
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, great work my friend! I sure hope you get paid for all these photos. If you don't, you sure should! :)
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2006
    Great job as always, Yuri! I especially love #3: the composition, color, her expression and pose... everything about it just hits home. You find the most beautiful models and make them glow.