Quick Question: changing email

cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
edited September 7, 2007 in SmugMug Support
If I change the email listed in my smugmug account, does that also change my login? Want to change to a different email, but need to know if I have to update all my tools, and browsers etc.

Comments

• Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    As far as I know, yes changing your e-mail address will also change your login name.
    My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    Get busy living or get busy dying
    --Stephen King
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited November 1, 2006
    cmason,
    You have 2 ways to log into your account. Email addy OR your nickname.
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/acctlogin

So yes, changing your email address will mean that you won't be able to log in using the old email address. You wil have to use the updated one, or your nickname.

You shouldn't have to "update" anything within your site, tools or browser's.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    cmason,
    You have 2 ways to log into your account. Email addy OR your nickname.

So yes, changing your email address will mean that you won't be able to log in using the old email address. You wil have to use the updated one, or your nickname.

You shouldn't have to "update" anything within your site, tools or browser's.

Steve

Perfect!! thanks Steve...I had no idea I could logon with my nickname! so I can change my email address, without having to change my login...cool, thanks
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    cmason wrote:
    Perfect!! thanks Steve...I had no idea I could logon with my nickname! so I can change my email address, without having to change my login...cool, thanks

thumb.gif
  • Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    Change ISP thus change email address
    I am planning in changing who I use for my ISP. Want to keep same other information on DGrin. How do I do that?

Not sure where to put these other things so here goes.

I am trying to close my SmugMug account (don't use and the fee could go to something else) and I can't get it to completely load. It didn't want to finish loading by clicking on the link in one of the emails I got about it expiring; but got part way in by copying and pasting the address. Then when I got to the point of clicking on "Close Account" progress bar went about 1/3 of the way over and stalled out! Any ideas? I have had this happen on a few other sites as well but don't know the comon denominator to change any settings at this end.

Once again I am feeling frustrated by getting kicked off of being logged in! I have my computer set such and it prompts me about some types of cookies and Active X controls. When I log in here I accept BOTH. This morning I was in the midst of looking for the best place to post these questions when I got interrupted. When I came back I COULD NOT POST — I WAS NOT LONGER LOGGED IN!!!!!!! Re-logging in works in such cases but is frustrating to have to do.

Help please!!!
    Jane B.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    Jane B. wrote:
    I am planning in changing who I use for my ISP. Want to keep same other information on DGrin. How do I do that?

Not sure where to put these other things so here goes.

I am trying to close my SmugMug account (don't use and the fee could go to something else) and I can't get it to completely load. It didn't want to finish loading by clicking on the link in one of the emails I got about it expiring; but got part way in by copying and pasting the address. Then when I got to the point of clicking on "Close Account" progress bar went about 1/3 of the way over and stalled out! Any ideas? I have had this happen on a few other sites as well but don't know the comon denominator to change any settings at this end.

Once again I am feeling frustrated by getting kicked off of being logged in! I have my computer set such and it prompts me about some types of cookies and Active X controls. When I log in here I accept BOTH. This morning I was in the midst of looking for the best place to post these questions when I got interrupted. When I came back I COULD NOT POST — I WAS NOT LONGER LOGGED IN!!!!!!! Re-logging in works in such cases but is frustrating to have to do.

Help please!!!
    Jane B.
    Hi Jane, email to our support heroes please, and let our team sort it all out for you. Thanks! http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

PS when you have a new email addy, email the desk again, attn: Andy, and I'll get your dgrin email address updated.