Options

More Cname help requested

Michael AllenMichael Allen Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
edited November 2, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I was wondering if I had my domain settings right and I'm new to these settings. I've read all the threads I could find and think everythings right but its been 2 days and still no luck. Is it possible to get some1 to check out the settings and see if I need to call yahoo?

I have a Cname record source as www.michaelmuha.com and a destination as www.smugmug.com. But in a thread it said you can also change the A record to smugmug's IP and when I try that too it deletes the Cname that I added.

And in this thread http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=45493
he says he needed to enter a server IP for yahoo. I'm just CONFUSED!:bash
-Mike

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2006
    I was wondering if I had my domain settings right and I'm new to these settings. I've read all the threads I could find and think everythings right but its been 2 days and still no luck. Is it possible to get some1 to check out the settings and see if I need to call yahoo?

I have a Cname record source as www.michaelmuha.com and a destination as www.smugmug.com. But in a thread it said you can also change the A record to smugmug's IP and when I try that too it deletes the Cname that I added.

And in this thread http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=45493
    he says he needed to enter a server IP for yahoo. I'm just CONFUSED!:bash

Your www is hitting us fine, but you've botched it with the A- record. Remove the A record stuff for now, and email us help@smugmug.com and we'll sort you out. We need your signon info for your domain provider, no worries we do it all the time :D

wave.gif
  • Options
    Michael AllenMichael Allen Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2006
    Info sent, thanks. I was getting deep into unfamiliar territory there.
    -Mike