Options

Dell 1705 Impressions and Calibration

BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
edited November 2, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
Well I got this badboy last Friday...but it has taken this long to get CS on it and reallyget down to the business of using the thing. My first impression is WOW this thing is big. I opened it up and I said...WOW that thing is big. I started it up and said WOW this screen looks nice. Then I looked at the pics on my smugmug site. I immediately started to scheme a way of disguising my 21 inch CRT as a piece of living room furniture. So today when fired up Adobe Gamma I figured out a couple of things. First there is no contrast control, from what I gathered googling the 17 in WUXGA Ultra Sharp with True Life (thats a moutful) is default set at the highest contrast. Now with the brightness control on the keyboard using fn up arrow, all the way maxed, the frame was nice and white but the box was WAY too light. At Gamma 2.2 I had ABC but no difference between YZ (dpreview people will know what this means). So I switched up to 1.8 or mac gamma and I am almost in love with this monitor. I've been planning on purchasing a Huey for a while, but right now with just a "by eye" I pretty much love this Display. It doesn't like all web page displays because of it's odd size, and occasionally draws bizarre lines through the ones it does not like.

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2006
    Blurmore wrote:
    My first impression is WOW this thing is big. I opened it up and I said...WOW that thing is big.

I know that feeling. When I opened up my 23" display about 3+ years ago, I thought the thing was friggin' ginormous, I couldn't believe it, just sat and stared at it.

Sigh, I miss those days.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops