Options

Arizona sunset

AZsnapperAZsnapper Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
edited November 4, 2006 in Landscapes
A sunset looking west (duh) on Carefree Hwy and I-17 in Phoenix.

This is a merge of two exposures

Nikon D80 ISO 100 12-24mm
Visit my web site
www.shadowlakes.com

Comments

• Options
    shawncshawnc Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2006
    AZsnapper wrote:
    A sunset looking west (duh) on Carefree Hwy and I-17 in Phoenix.

This is a merge of two exposures

Nikon D80 ISO 100 12-24mm

Hey AZsnapper, love the sunset! Do you have a site to look at some more of your work? I don't see too many local shutterbugs.
    I just love the sunsets when looking west (duh) in the desert.
    I am in CaveCreek and live on the edge of the beautiful desert & find myself out there snapping sunsets & suguaro regularly.

Nice work
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2006
    Sunset
    Thanks.

This is the link to my smugmug page: http://newriver.smugmug.com/gallery/2080023

I just started putting it together yesterday, and only have 3 images on it at this point.

I've only been doing DSLR pictures for a month or so now, so I don't have a large collection yet. But I do alot of hiking and 4 wheelin, so I'm hoping to get out more. Maybe we'll have to hook up some time. I know of a bunch of places in the backcountry I'd like to re-visit and shoot.

shawnc wrote:
    Hey AZsnapper, love the sunset! Do you have a site to look at some more of your work? I don't see too many local shutterbugs.
    I just love the sunsets when looking west (duh) in the desert.
    I am in CaveCreek and live on the edge of the beautiful desert & find myself out there snapping sunsets & suguaro regularly.

Nice work
    Visit my web site
    www.shadowlakes.com
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2006
    I like the colors of the sky, the tree and the rock. I think the tumble weed and the houses take away from the image though.

Nice to see some more Az shooters on here!

As you and Shawn mentioned- it would be great to do a meet up.

If interested here is some of my next shoots.

Saturday Nov. 4th Off Road race in Ghila Bend.
    Link to information:
    http://www.whiplashracing.com/main.html

Saturday Nov. 11 and Sunday Nov. 12th Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon for red rocks, water, and fall leaves

If interested let me know.

Aaron
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2006
    Meet up
    I'm taking the kids hiking on the 4th up in Payson area, but the 11, 12 sounds nice. Are you camping out?

The offroad race looks like alot of fun. Should make for some great photos!

I'f I would've hiked up that hill just 2 years ago, there would have been no houses in the shot:)

anwmn1 wrote:
    I like the colors of the sky, the tree and the rock. I think the tumble weed and the houses take away from the image though.

Nice to see some more Az shooters on here!

As you and Shawn mentioned- it would be great to do a meet up.

If interested here is some of my next shoots.

Saturday Nov. 4th Off Road race in Ghila Bend.
    Link to information:
    http://www.whiplashracing.com/main.html

Saturday Nov. 11 and Sunday Nov. 12th Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon for red rocks, water, and fall leaves

If interested let me know.

Aaron
    Visit my web site
    www.shadowlakes.com
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2006
    AZsnapper wrote:
    I'm taking the kids hiking on the 4th up in Payson area, but the 11, 12 sounds nice. Are you camping out?

The offroad race looks like alot of fun. Should make for some great photos!

I'f I would've hiked up that hill just 2 years ago, there would have been no houses in the shot:)

This was from the hill east of I-17 about 1/2 to 1 mile- just past the shopping center and homes? I remember when that road was one lane each direction and that is all that was there, the road.

As for Sedona, with temps now getting into the low 40's and high 30's at night, I am not sure about camping. I am thinking more of a hotel Saturday in Camp Verde or Cottonwood since they are only a half hour or so from Sedona and considerably cheaper. I may have some friends with me and I don't believe any of them are up for cold weather camping anyways.
    Also thinking of renting a jeep to hit the trails since my little 2wd Tacoma isn't quite capable. I have had in a lot of places but it doesn't have the clearance for the rocks.

Aaron
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    I agree with Aaron ! loved you sunset !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery