Hey.. that aircraft looks a little familiar..

FatNakedGuyFatNakedGuy Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
edited November 4, 2006 in Holy Macro
Drove to Elko Nevada today for work and during the drive I hear the local radio DJ announce something about President Bush landing at the local airport shortly. I'm thinking WTF? Must be an inside joke.. Okeydokey!

10 minutes later I'm unloading a computer from my car and this monster aircraft flies directly overhead and is VERY LOW... hey, that aircraft looks a little familiar..

I've always got a camera with me so decide to run down to the airport to see what I can see...

This morning as I was preparing for the trip I unloaded the 600mm thinking I wouldn't need it... !@%!%!CC!!!!!

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2006
    Drove to Elko Nevada today for work and during the drive I hear the local radio DJ announce something about President Bush landing at the local airport shortly. I'm thinking WTF? Must be an inside joke.. Okeydokey!

10 minutes later I'm unloading a computer from my car and this monster aircraft flies directly overhead and is VERY LOW... hey, that aircraft looks a little familiar..

I've always got a camera with me so decide to run down to the airport to see what I can see...

http://rickweller.com/gallery/2085140

This morning as I was preparing for the trip I unloaded the 600mm thinking I wouldn't need it... !@%!%!CC!!!!!

A really nice series of AF1....I really like the series of the take off and flying off into the sunset....very good job!!wings.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2006
    Interesting to see the takeoff sequence...it must be a huge thrill in the cockpit. The runway there in Elko is 7200 feet. The required takeoff runway length for a 747 is about 6800 ft to over 10000 ft if fully loaded (love google!)

You can see how agressive they are climbing. I think the Pres's plane has been hot-rodded!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited November 3, 2006
    I looked briefly at your gallery. It looks like you have some good shots, but your watermark is so huge that it makes it hard to tell sometimes. ne_nau.gif I'm sure you have your reasons, but whenever I can't really see the pic, I just move on.

Regards,
  • FatNakedGuyFatNakedGuy Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2006
    The Airport Director contacted me today asking what it would take to get one of the images put up at their airport. Anyone done this in the past? How do you go about making it happen for them?

I really like the photo where all the dust is kicked up behind the plane. Wasn't expecting that but when it happened it was like... OH!!! CLICK CLICK CLICK!

Thanks!

(and thanks for the proof heads up.. had that option turned on for the last set of images I uploaded..)
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2006
    I really like the photo where all the dust is kicked up behind the plane. Wasn't expecting that but when it happened it was like... OH!!! CLICK CLICK CLICK!
    Me too. nod.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 3, 2006
    I really like the photo where all the dust is kicked up behind the plane.
    The Commander in chief was nice enough to clean off your runway! lol3.gif

I especially like the dramatic sky in the second to last shot. great clouds!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited November 4, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    The Commander in chief was nice enough to clean off your runway! lol3.gif

I guess it's better than sitting on the tarmac getting a haircut :D
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?