galleries within galleries

joelcphotojoelcphoto Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited November 3, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Ive been on smugmug for a while but am just getting around to playing with customizations.

I am trying to create a "gallery with in a gallery." Like when you click on your homepage you see galleries right? Well how do you make it so that when you click on a gallery, it opens up to another page where there are sub-galleries within that gallery and then u can click on those to see the photos?

All I can find info on is stuff about categories and subcategories but that doesn't seem to be what I want.

Am I making sense?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Love,

N00b

Comments

• Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2006
    Categories and gallery with sub galleries are the same thing. You can customize the category main page to have info like a top level gallery. Can you go into more detail of what you want to do exactly and provide a link to your smugmug site if you wish to do so?
    My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    Get busy living or get busy dying
    --Stephen King
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2006
    joelcphoto wrote:
    Ive been on smugmug for a while but am just getting around to playing with customizations.

I am trying to create a "gallery with in a gallery." Like when you click on your homepage you see galleries right? Well how do you make it so that when you click on a gallery, it opens up to another page where there are sub-galleries within that gallery and then u can click on those to see the photos?

All I can find info on is stuff about categories and subcategories but that doesn't seem to be what I want.

Am I making sense?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Love,

N00b
    Hi Joel, wave.gif Welcome :D

We don't have that, but we do have, as you say, cats and subcats - have another read here:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-photo
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2006
    joelcphoto wrote:
    ... Like when you click on your homepage you see galleries right? Well how do you make it so that when you click on a gallery, it opens up to another page where there are sub-galleries within that gallery and then u can click on those to see the photos?
    N00b
    On your homepage, make sure the "display" setting is on categories... Then the category/sub-categories you have set will start working, and how it works will be more obvious.

display: categories · galleries
  • joelcphotojoelcphoto Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited November 3, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Joel, wave.gif Welcome :D

We don't have that, but we do have, as you say, cats and subcats - have another read here:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-photo

Thanks for the help. I have it figured out now. That tutorial video was mad helpful.

Now beings the tedious process of reorganizing everything!

Thanks again.