Systematic attempt.

AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited November 7, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Seems to be a lot of attention on trains and I had a similar opportunity to shoot this on Wednesday.

Comments

• twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    AHHHHHH ! That is what I was going to try and shoot today ! Laughing.gif
    OF course I think it is a good idea. I like that the Rail system diagram is included in the shot.
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    twinbnj wrote:
    AHHHHHH ! That is what I was going to try and shoot today ! Laughing.gif
    OF course I think it is a good idea. I like that the Rail system diagram is included in the shot.

I agree, good idea.

Maybe the rail system more as focal point and large train in bg, out of focus, just a suggestion. I think the idea works you just need a focal point to pop more.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    yeah....love the idea - not so much the picture. just a tad confusing...there are so many other angles and other subjects that you could get in the photo to convey TRAIN/RAIL SYSTEM....I'd try reshooting this without the sign thing....makes me fell like I'm trying to figure out where Dillard's is. try getting a train moving on the track, or once it's stopped, get a gtood picture of it in focus and the rest of train trailing off behind it in BOKEH (out of focus).....people on here are smart enough to figure it out....rail system

nice idea.

- rE
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4
  • nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    You are right - a lot fo attention seems to be going towards trains for this theme. Its a tricky one - I think people will have to go a little out-of-the-box when shooting and so will we when viewing.

good work.