Options

Naples, Florida suggestions

MolsondogMolsondog Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited November 4, 2006 in Location, Location, Location!
Thanks for your suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    Molsondog wrote:
    Whip me, beat me. Make me go to Naples. I'll be in a conference there for 4 days the week after next. I'm thinking of lugging my gear with me to shoot before and after the sessions. Who has suggestions for places to shoot?

I can't wander too far afield from the hotel. The free time is mostly AM so the morning light is available time.

Thanks for your suggestions.
    I love Naples, just got back from there 2 days ago actually :D

I love the Naples Pier area (see here), Tin City could do well for the touristy kind of shots, also at the dock located at Tin City there could be dolphins and manatees, allthough you have to be quick to get a shot of them. There are evening tours as well which take you up the gordon river, up to gordon pass, but it depends on how early you are done with your conference. Sun sets around 6ish.

The airport is pretty good if you are into airplane pictures, you can shoot throught the fence on the south side of the airport, at the beginning of runway 05 which is the preferred runway.

If you go north on US41, take a left on Seagate Dr, there will be a parking place on the left after half a mile. It has little golf carts that take you to the beach, you can also walk the boardwalk, through a little bit of wetlands. It's small but you may get some birds and animals there. It's next to a hotel, which I can't remember the name of right now.

Where are you staying in Naples? Do you have a car of some sort?
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    Molsondog wrote:
    I'm staying at the Naples Beach Hotel. I will have a car.

Thanks for your suggestions!
    The Beach Hotel is awesome. It is, as the name sort of gives away, on the beach. They have an outdoor bar, and live-music on Sunday, 6-9pm. Will you be there? The hotel is very close to downtown as well actually. They have a golf course across the street i believe if you are into that.

If you have a car, you could tour around a bit, I don't know how much time you have. There is a big boardwalk straigh into the everglades about 30-35 minutes drive south on the 41.

If you have time, you can go to Marco Island area, or a little more south to Everglades city area, they have boat-rides if you are into that stuff.

I can recommend you some restaurants as well, if you tell me what sort of food you like :D