For you DEE!!

GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
edited November 4, 2006 in Holy Macro
1st Ice Crystals of the year done this morning from the ole porch window.
It was a chilly 23F this morning so I opened the back door to see if they'd form from the heat from the house. Walllaaa :thumb

After an hour of clearing out the dust particles from the window with CS2 it came out pretty nice? :dunno
No flash....no backdrop...natural light.....Sigy f2.8 105mm Macro with cam on tripod and self timer.
Last years Crystals were done in December before I got my good macro lens. What diff a lens can make!!!

*** For others out there...
Dee has been fascinated with my Ice Crystal shots I got last year and has been on me to get some more this year! :D

Comments Welcomed!

107821270-L.jpg
Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/

Comments

• JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    Very nice! clap.gif
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    Very cool loved it clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    Thanx Guys! thumb.gif

Far cry from last years best work shown below...

Watching and learning from here at DG and other forums.....much more practice with CS2.....way better glass has paid off!!

Dee thought it was great....compaired to my latest it stinks! :D

57723070-L.jpg

• Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    Very nice - but 23F! I think that is as cold as it is here - and I am hating it!!

ann
    edited November 4, 2006
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Very nice - but 23F! I think that is as cold as it is here - and I am hating it!!

ann

Thanx!
    I fully agree....I hate it also!!!
    Prompted me to change my Avatar to fit the season. :D

• DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    Hey....
    I'm sorry I spoke too soon and brought you 23 degree weather -- but the ice crystals are amazing! I know you'll have many more to shoot during the season until it's spring again.

They're pretty! And fascinating!clap.gif
    edited November 4, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    I'm sorry I spoke too soon and brought you 23 degree weather -- but the ice crystals are amazing! I know you'll have many more to shoot during the season until it's spring again.

They're pretty! And fascinating!clap.gif

Thanx!
    As you see I thought of ya this morning. :D
    I'm sure they are something rarely if ever seen your part of the states.

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    1st Ice Crystals of the year done this morning from the ole porch window.
    It was a chilly 23F this morning so I opened the back door to see if they'd form from the heat from the house. Walllaaa thumb.gif

After an hour of clearing out the dust particles from the window with CS2 it came out pretty nice? ne_nau.gif
    No flash....no backdrop...natural light.....Sigy f2.8 105mm Macro with cam on tripod and self timer.
    Last years Crystals were done in December before I got my good macro lens. What diff a lens can make!!!

*** For others out there...
    Dee has been fascinated with my Ice Crystal shots I got last year and has been on me to get some more this year! :D

Comments Welcomed!

Wow Ice Art clap.gif I love it, I can only look and wonder what that must be like to see for real.... I couldn't tell you the last time I even so much as saw frost down my way .... snow is just none existant.

Why does it change so much???
    Like I live right by the sea, my folks live close to the sea too, and within 30 minutes of my place and they get frost, but we don't seem to get it where I live......wonder why that is ???

That is one beautiful shot you have there, and I like the second shot you posted as well .... thanks for sharing :D .... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited November 4, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Wow Ice Art clap.gif I love it, I can only look and wonder what that must be like to see for real.... I couldn't tell you the last time I even so much as saw frost down my way .... snow is just none existent.

Why does it change so much???
    Like I live right by the sea, my folks live close to the sea too, and within 30 minutes of my place and they get frost, but we don't seem to get it where I live......wonder why that is ???

That is one beautiful shot you have there, and I like the second shot you posted as well .... thanks for sharing :D .... Skippy (Australia)

Thanx Skipster! :D
    Odd I thought you Aussies were heading into Summer as we head into Winter? headscratch.gif
    Actually when you see it in person it's so tiny you don't even notice the tiny detail!
    Not until you magnify it several times do you notice the marvel of nature's art.
    Reminds me of a Bird's feathers and the way they look magnified.
    Quite incredible actually.....same pretense as snowflakes as they take on their micro artistic shapes.
    Nature has a lotta WOW factor both big and micro! thumb.gif