Loading Images and Watermarks

webstevewebsteve Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited November 4, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have 2 questions:

1. I created a new gallery and each time I try to load images, it freezes about 1/3 of the way through. I tried in both FireFox and IE. My system can definitely accomodate the transfer. I have a cable modem connected by ethernet and my PC's specs are 3.8GHZ and 2GB RAM.

2. I have previoulsy created a watermark and successfully loaded pictures from a previoulsy gallery, but with this new gallery, it is not working and I did set the customization for it.

Any help on these 2 items would be appreicated.

Thanks

- Steve

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    websteve wrote:
    I have 2 questions:

1. I created a new gallery and each time I try to load images, it freezes about 1/3 of the way through. I tried in both FireFox and IE. My system can definitely accomodate the transfer. I have a cable modem connected by ethernet and my PC's specs are 3.8GHZ and 2GB RAM.
    Hi Steve, sounds like a connection, sustainable connection issue. Can you run the line quality test, over on www.dslreports.com for us? Free site, you must register though. The test is under "tools." Share the link with us here.
    2. I have previoulsy created a watermark and successfully loaded pictures from a previoulsy gallery, but with this new gallery, it is not working and I did set the customization for it.

The most common cause is the photos are not larger than 800px on the long side - as per our help pages. Is that it? If not, reply with gallery link so we can dig further :)

http://www.smugmug.com/help/custom-watermark-protection