Liam & Elliot

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited November 6, 2006 in People
Had my spouses sister with family here for a few days. They asked me to take some portraits of their two sons Leo and Måns. So I did, and while at it, I casually snapped a few pics of my two sons Liam and Elliot.

Regards / Matty

Elliot, 1.5 year

107918743-O.jpg

Liam, 2.5 year
"He sold the butter and lost the money..."
(Swedish set phrase, directly translated) Just love that "bummer"-expression!:D

107918765-O.jpg

Here's Leo and Måns by the way:
[Large Version]

108182921-L.jpg

[Large Version]

108198004-L.jpg

[Large Version]

108201705-L.jpg

Comments

• urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    elfving73 wrote:
    Snapped a few pics of my children today. Got many "normal" and nice, but also a few that brings a smile to my face! Hihi! Just wanted to share!

that pacifier is absolutely hilarious. I really like this approach lighting wise. It does work better with more skin rather than clothing, like in the first one. Would you mind describing your setup? Are you colorizing afterward for the sepia effect? Thanks!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2006
    Thank you!
    The backdrop actually is a large softbox. I just put them infront, ca 50 cm away, and shot straight towards the softbox. Then I used a silver umbrella infront, sligthly to the left for mainlight.

First I made them b/w using channel mixer. Then I split-toned using the "Color balance" tool, applying some toning only to the shadows.

Regards / Matty

urbanaries wrote:
    that pacifier is absolutely hilarious. I really like this approach lighting wise. It does work better with more skin rather than clothing, like in the first one. Would you mind describing your setup? Are you colorizing afterward for the sepia effect? Thanks!
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2006
    Matty, great stuff as usual. Take these shots while you can - kids (and wifes) get camera shy with age ;-) ne_nau.gif
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2006
    Thank you, Ted! Hehe! When I approach the kids without that "big black thing" in my face, they don't recognize me! rolleyes1.gif Naa..... slightly exaggerated, but they are quite used to the camera. But as you say, perhaps they'll grow camera shy with age. When it comes to my spouse, well, she's always been. Or, she's not shy, just not interested. It's like "Honey, you look so lovely today, can I just take one picture, please?" and she say, "Ok!" I hoist the camera, compose, then I ask her "Could you please move a few inches to the left" then she goes "Sigh! C'mon, take that good d*mned picture now...." No patience what so ever! rolleyes1.gif

Matty

Matty, great stuff as usual. Take these shots while you can - kids (and wifes) get camera shy with age ;-) ne_nau.gif
  • ESigginsESiggins Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2006
    Your kids look Awesome! The younger one looks like such a bad-ass with his spikey hair and who-cares pacifier. Looks like somone out of a Guy Ritchie movie. I love it.
    Shoot, or shoot not. There is no try.
    http://esiggins.smugmug.com