Geranium Flower

SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
edited November 5, 2006 in Holy Macro
Hi there, I noticed the geranium plant had a couple of flowers on it, so while I am still testing out using my 70-200mm with a Kenko Tube on it I thought I would see how it went ...... the Kenko Tubes change the distance that camera will focus within.

Using a Tube with this size lens allows me to get within inches instead of feet and still focus. :D

Canon 20D / Canon 70-200mm F2.8 IS USM / Kenko Tube / hand held.
I must say the orginal looks better than this one for the web.

Enjoy......... Skippy (Australia)

107978828-L.jpg
Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin

Comments

• RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    Neat one, skippy. It's a bit dark with all of the shadows, but I still love it when you can make out the details on the petals.thumb.gif
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    RogersDA wrote:
    Neat one, skippy. It's a bit dark with all of the shadows, but I still love it when you can make out the details on the petals.thumb.gif

Hi there.........yeah its a deep dark crimson flower, the plant is in a pot planter half in the shade and half in the sunlight......my test was more to see how much detail you can still pick up with a telephoto lens that close.

Without the Kenko Tube that lens would not allow you be that close, there was no cropping done to that shot at all.

Thanks for the comment......... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2006
    I love the deep colors. Nice shot. It is a bit dark but I think it adds to the "mood" of the shot.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2006
    Hi Skippy i loved bright curves darkness dont bothers me iloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery