UT college football

UT ScottUT Scott Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
edited November 8, 2006 in Sports
I got the chance to shoot another UT football game (against LSU) and it was an amazing game even though we lost :cry. Lighting this time wasn't as good so my 5.6 max aperture lens didn't really cut it.

First I shot the "Vol Walk" where all the players walk into the stadium. Here is Coach Fulmer on his way down.
107979699-M.jpg

the cheerleaders put on a pretty awsome show
107982027-M.jpg

and the band played Rocky Top...
107982741-M.jpg

...to very crazy fans
107987758-M.jpg

And then we recieved the kick-off (think I could pass that off as a touch down pass? :wink)
107981726-M.jpg

Eric Ainge got to start the game despite an injured ankle
107984258-M.jpg

but LSU quickly took advantage of that
107984854-M.jpg

So we had to put in our freshman Johnathan Crompton
107986203-M.jpg

then a bunch of stuff happened where I didn't get any good pictures (I need practice). But we did get this interception!
107986598-M.jpg

We did take the lead near the end with a running touchdown
107987530-M.jpg

But alas, we were defeated by LSU with something like 10 seconds left in the game
108005232-M.jpg

and we had the traditional hand shake at the 50
107988470-M.jpg

Thanks for looking, sorry it was kinda long but I had a lot of fun there!

Let me know what you think!

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited November 5, 2006
    Well I hope you had fun. On field access and all wings.gif U lucky dog :D

The game pics are alright. But the shots you got in the stands are way kewl, IMHO. I especially like the band shot, with the "down the row" perspective clap.gif I like the post-game handshake shot too.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2006
    Nice. I think the game shots are cool. Also, I love UT (born in Kingsport, economic migrant in the North East). Did you have press access for the university newspaper or something?
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • PoseidonPoseidon Registered Users Posts: 504 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2006
    I like your non game shots, they show a part of the story. I watched LSU's final drive, and I feel for you. I was pulling for the Vols....They are in my top 3 favorite college teams.
    Mike LaPorte
    Perfect Pix
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 5, 2006
    great pics-

I too like the band and post game 'shake-

pretty good game against the no 1 defense (2nd in scoring defense)-

but nothing matters except a win-

I would have to say it looks like 'coach cut' has made a big difference this year-
  • UT ScottUT Scott Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2006
    Thanks for looking! Apparently that shake shot got me on TV :ivar. My parents called me right after the game to say that they saw me running up waving my camera like a mad man ne_nau.gif

And I got field access from the schools newspaper, I found out at about 8pm the day before the game so I was in a mad rush to get everything ready (I was shooting vollyball that night too).
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2006
    I also like the non-field action spots, but think the interception is exceptional: timing & postion is everything. The perspective is great because you see it from the LSU player's view, yet you can see the ball. Technically the DOF is dead on and yet the players are sharp. Great shot!
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
    edited November 6, 2006
    jdryan3 wrote:
    I also like the non-field action spots, but think the interception is exceptional: timing & postion is everything. The perspective is great because you see it from the LSU player's view, yet you can see the ball. Technically the DOF is dead on and yet the players are sharp. Great shot!

Thank you, that's actually my favorite picture of the game. I was so happy when I saw I got it (yes, I was chimping) I actually yelled out loud! Luckily people thought i was just excited about the play eek7.gif
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    Ohhh mannnn you had me going there...I read UT COLLEGE FOOTBALL and thought it was the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS. :cry Ah well...great pics.

I see according to the BCS Standings that Tennessee lost some footage in the standing...ranking 11 to now number 16. Texas is 5 now and gain a little from the 7th rank.

Good Luck to your team buddy.
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    hey maybe you didn't get killer pics this time, but man...your on the sidelines!!:ivar
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
    edited November 7, 2006
    Seneca wrote:
    Ohhh mannnn you had me going there...I read UT COLLEGE FOOTBALL and thought it was the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS. :cry Ah well...great pics.

I see according to the BCS Standings that Tennessee lost some footage in the standing...ranking 11 to now number 16. Texas is 5 now and gain a little from the 7th rank.

Come on everyone knows that Tennessee is the real UT, not Texas! :D

And about the BCS poles, to quote a writer at the paper "it's about as accurate as monkeys slamming on a keyboard."
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    Seneca wrote:

I was down in Austin in June. Great time on 6th - love the Blues, old Stevie Ray fan.
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac