Timestamping?

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited November 30, 2006 in Finishing School
Anybody know a way to put a timestamp on a photo that looks like the time stamps on photos from back in the days of film?

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited November 4, 2006
    On what camera? That's usually a menu item on most consumer digicams.

Or are you talking about doing it in post?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2006
    It's a 20D...so I'm talking about doing it in post. I have an idea for a little photo story, and so I want to put a time stamp on each photo.
    edited November 5, 2006
    Add a vector layer and place some text, then flatten. That should work with a digital looking font. This was done with the Windows Dakota font, though there must be something better than this.
    108030640-L.jpg
    My Smugmug
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2006
    Yeah, I was just hoping someone knew a batch way that would automatically pull the info from the exif since I'll have quite a few photos.
  • 01af01af Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    I was just hoping someone knew a batch way that would automatically pull the info from the EXIF since I'll have quite a few photos.
    This is fairly easy to accomplish with a Photoshop script (I guess it's not possible to do with an Action). Scripts can access the EXIF metadata contents. Most likely such a script already exists somewhere for download ... I'd search Adobe's Support pages at <www.adobe.com>.

-- Olaf
    edited November 30, 2006
    I found this today
    On the camerahacker site. A tool to read EXIF and imprints the date from that EXIF. I have not tried it myself. You might want to use this first on a copy or a messed up pic, just in case. deal.gif
    My Smugmug