Options

Use Printer Profiles Or not

ExposeTheMomentExposeTheMoment Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
edited November 5, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
My current Raw work flow is this.

1. Use Bibble to make Jpegs.
2. Use NoiseWare to remove noise.
3. Use PKsharpener to Sharpen images.

I then upload to Smugmug. So friends and family can buy, but I also use the same files at home to order prints for my clients. I get my client prints at costo, and I leave the auto correction ON.

Now my question and or problem is this.

So far, I have not had one complaint from my costco prints or the prints thru Smugmugs interface for EZprints, but that does not mean theres no issues.

I have been thinking about using the ICC profiles for my Local Costco printer, but if I do that what would happen to the prints when I upload them to smugmug. I do know that there is a profile on the EZprint site that I can download.

I'm wondering if its still easier for not use a profile since I'm getting prints done at several locations, but then I also get into am I wasting my time fixing my images in Bibble using raw if the printers are just going to auto correct my images?

I mean if I shoot raw, and correct for white balance and I briten up the image is that all for nothing by letting Costco auto correct my images?

Just as a reminder I have no compaints myself or from others about the print quilty, I just want to get a better workflow or at least understand and correct what I should do or not do.

Gary
Gary Harfield
Owner/Photographer
Expose The Moment

Had a list of gear, now its to long, so lets say I have 2 bags and 15,000 worth of stuff.

Comments

• Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2006
    I would only mess with their profiles for images going to their printers. I would definitely not use them on files going to Smugmug. BTW, why not use NN embedded within Bibble? Saves a step. I now only am using Noiseware on the few images that NN gives me funny highlights.
  • Options
    ExposeTheMomentExposeTheMoment Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2006
    I would only mess with their profiles for images going to their printers. I would definitely not use them on files going to Smugmug. BTW, why not use NN embedded within Bibble? Saves a step. I now only am using Noiseware on the few images that NN gives me funny highlights.

I have NN as a stand-alone product but I also own Noiseware as a stand-alone product, with that said Noiseware is by far a better product.

I'm on other wedding photography forums and there was a big thread about Noise removal and it was found that people who had very noisily images used NN, they went back and used the trial of Noiseware and was like OMG what a better job this program did.

Gary Harfield
    Owner/Photographer
    Expose The Moment

Had a list of gear, now its to long, so lets say I have 2 bags and 15,000 worth of stuff.