Error Message question

mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
edited November 7, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I tried a couple of times yesterday to upload 18 photos using the Internet Explorer Uploader and I get messages like these every time.

108402421-L.jpg

The images I am attempting to upload open and are viewable in every way I can think to look at them. They are not the original photos but are resized versions (no other editing, just resized). After the initial try I renamed them to what you see in this error message. I get a successful upload message and the album shows that the files are being processed. Then the next time I view the album nothing is there (but the photos that were already in the album I was putting the new photos into).

Is this message telling me anything? Suggestions?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2006
    mrcoons wrote:

it's telling me that there is a problem with the file.

1) is it smaller than 8mb (std and power), 16mb (pro)

2) is it smaller than 48 megapixels (dimensions)

3) is it a jpg?

4) is it corrupted in any way?

feel free to email ONE file to ATTN: Andy help@smugmug.com I will be happy to look
  • mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    it's telling me that there is a problem with the file.

1) is it smaller than 8mb (std and power), 16mb (pro)

2) is it smaller than 48 megapixels (dimensions)

3) is it a jpg?

4) is it corrupted in any way?

feel free to email ONE file to ATTN: Andy help@smugmug.com I will be happy to look

Andy, I do not have the files where I can look at them at the moment but off the top of my head:

1) Yes, most were around 350kb.

2) As a guess I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of 778px x 583px, I'll have to look at them again when I get home from work.

3) Yes.

4) Certainly did not appear to be as WinXP, ACDSee and Photoshop Elements were all able to open them.

Hmmm, number 2 on your list might be a possibility. I resized these photos using ACDSee and I just installed a new version of it this weekend. Possibly their is a setting that is wrong. Although I just used to resize around 300 photos from an event I covered Saturday and those files uploaded with no problem. Those photos were taken with a Rebel XTi and the ones I am having trouble with were taken with a Canon S2 but it does produce a smaller image. I will give this a closer look. Thanks.
    edited November 6, 2006
    Size of these photos is ImageWidth : 1037 by ImageHeight : 778
  • onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2006
    mrcoons wrote:
    I tried a couple of times yesterday to upload 18 photos using the Internet Explorer Uploader and I get messages like these every time.

108402421-L.jpg

The images I am attempting to upload open and are viewable in every way I can think to look at them. They are not the original photos but are resized versions (no other editing, just resized). After the initial try I renamed them to what you see in this error message. I get a successful upload message and the album shows that the files are being processed. Then the next time I view the album nothing is there (but the photos that were already in the album I was putting the new photos into).

This error message means we tried to process your photos 10 times, waiting 5 minutes between each try, and couldn't.

Often the case turns out to be a bad / deleted / whatever custom Watermark, but not always. Are you using watermarks?

Can you send some of those images to the Support Heroes so they can take a look?

Don
    edited November 7, 2006
    onethumb wrote:
    This error message means we tried to process your photos 10 times, waiting 5 minutes between each try, and couldn't.

Often the case turns out to be a bad / deleted / whatever custom Watermark, but not always. Are you using watermarks?

Can you send some of those images to the Support Heroes so they can take a look?

Don

Don,

Nope, no watermark. And yes, Andy asked that I email one photo and I have done so.
    edited November 7, 2006
    mrcoons wrote:
    Don,

Nope, no watermark. And yes, Andy asked that I email one photo and I have done so.
    Hi Mark, and you got my reply from the help desk? ear.gif
    edited November 7, 2006
    Andy wrote:

No I have not Andy, but I am at work and may not be able to access the email account you sent it to. I got a response from Steve last night but that is all I have seen since about 6:00PM central time yesterday. (I was out taking pictures the rest of the evening!wings.gif )
    edited November 7, 2006
    Andy wrote:

I am home now and I do not see anything Andy. Can you send it again?ne_nau.gif
    edited November 7, 2006
    mrcoons wrote:
    I am home now and I do not see anything Andy. Can you send it again?ne_nau.gif
    Hi mrcoons,

The file you sent us, was legit, and I could upload it here:

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/108764457-O.jpg

Give it another try? ear.gif
    edited November 7, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi mrcoons,

The file you sent us, was legit, and I could upload it here:

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/108764457-O.jpg

Give it another try? ear.gif

I tried again with the original files and they uploaded just fine. I didn't change a thing. Nice to know I did not do anything wrong anyway. Thanks Andy.