Portrait retouching software

mkpatilmkpatil Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited November 6, 2006 in Technique
I have tested out a Portrait retouching software called Portrait professional (Portraitprofessional.com) and I am impressed with it. But unfortunately looks like the processing is done on their server (for each picture) and wished that all the processing was done on my machine without any live internet connection (after the one time download). Anybody aware of such similiar processing/retouching portaits software for photoshop or standalone that does not need a live internet connection - commerial or free.

Thanks,
Milind

Comments

• hesaiashesaias Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2006
    Kodak GEM Plugins are pretty good. There is one for color balance, airbrushing and overall grain reduction.
    Scott

Canon Rebel XT
    Canon 580 EX Speedlight
    Canon EF 50mm f1.8
    Canon EF IS 28-135mm f/3.2-5.6
    Canon EFL 70-200 f/2.8
    SanDisk Ultra IIs
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,077 moderator
    edited November 6, 2006
    Without knowing what features you liked about it, especially compared to other software, it's hard to make a recommendation, other than a general recommendation.

The software that is still classic for portraiture is PhotoShop, but Elements comes close, especially with the add-ins for layers (but didn't someone say the latest version has layers.)

The GIMP is also pretty powerful now, and will have 16 bit processing capability with the next major release.

I haven't given up on Corel Photo Paint, and still use an older version from time to time.

Picasa has become one of my favorites for personal stuff, and quickly adds "pop" to images.

LightZone is something new, and offers a unique interface to masking images, much of which would be useful for portrait work.

Finally, Nikon's new software, Capture NX, has some interesting control features, "U Point" to be specific, which may be very useful to portraiture.

I just keeps getting better and better ...clap.gif

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • mkpatilmkpatil Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited November 6, 2006
    Thank you!