Light painting + silly

schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
edited November 8, 2006 in Holy Macro
Over the weekend I took a trip with some friends to visit one of the old Beth Steel Mills. After nightfall my husband got the idea to do some light painting since I already had a 30 sec exposure going:

108466846-L.jpg

And the floating face is another friend diving in, attempting to add some humor and possibly spark some new rumors of a haunting. :D

I might actually post a travelog here if any of the other photos I took that day turn out presentable! (Heh)

Comments

• SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2006
    I think you should tone down the text...too bright...and bring your friend forward and perhaps just a tad bigger. Otherwise...this is highly creative. Good job. :ivar
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    schmooo wrote:
    Over the weekend I took a trip with some friends to visit one of the old Beth Steel Mills. After nightfall my husband got the idea to do some light painting since I already had a 30 sec exposure going:

And the floating face is another friend diving in, attempting to add some humor and possibly spark some new rumors of a haunting. :D

I might actually post a travelog here if any of the other photos I took that day turn out presentable! (Heh)

Is that "Stay Out" as in Stay out of my picture hehehe rolleyes1.gif
    Very clever shot clap.gif ...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    eek7.gif Wow you did it
    I tried it but always words were not clear as yours !
    Great work keep posting iloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited November 7, 2006
    Fun shot. I looked at the other mill shots in your Smugmug gallery and like them too. Nice work. thumb.gif
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    Ha! Very cool idea. :D
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    Heheh thanks! Yes it's true I didn't expect him to jump in and add his face, but as I wasn't hoping for high art, it's fine with me :D

Awais: this was the third take. The first two had letters going backwards and every which way rolleyes1.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    very cool....I see I am y need to go back to playing with light in my own fotography....did some during my film days..but cost too much for hits and misses.....really great and if the letters were kind jumbled that would have made a great huant type shot....or just the face and no text....but in no way do I meant that this is not a great shot....IT IS!!!
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website