108542785-L.jpg
  • thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2006
    truth wrote:
    Maybe this works better?

Much better clap.gif The sockets didn't work for me headscratch.gif
    Todd Disraeli - Star, Idaho

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 6, 2006
    thdizzy wrote:
    Much better clap.gif The sockets didn't work for me headscratch.gif
    The concept of the sockets stems from the notion that dreams serve as a means of resolution for concious problems. Hence the theme of tools for solving problems. The wide array of socket sizes sybolizing a search for the right tool. Perhaps only psych PHD's might have been in on it though.
  • judahjudah Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    truth wrote:
    The concept of the sockets stems from the notion that dreams serve as a means of resolution for concious problems. Hence the theme of tools for solving problems. The wide array of socket sizes sybolizing a search for the right tool. Perhaps only psych PHD's might have been in on it though.

You a complicated man uh? :D
    Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
    That saved a wretch like me!
    I once was lost, but now am found;
    Was blind, but now I see.

http://judah.smugmug.com/
    edited November 7, 2006
    judah wrote:
    You a complicated man uh? :D

The medication helps. :D
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    Both truly make you think about our society....Great pics.....here is a suggestion....if you have friends or family that have to give them selves shots (like insulin) get a bunc of their old syringes and do one with them ...don't know may that would be too harsh a reality.

But these two are fantastic!!clap.gifbowdown.gifbow
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited November 7, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    Both truly make you think about our society....Great pics.....here is a suggestion....if you have friends or family that have to give them selves shots (like insulin) get a bunc of their old syringes and do one with them ...don't know may that would be too harsh a reality.

But these two are fantastic!!clap.gifbowdown.gifbow

I actually thought about that. I used to self inject allergy shots so I have old syringes that are unused to work with. The issue I had was that it insinuated something that is not neccesarily the truth for the subject in the image. I felt that was crossing a line that did not feel right. Besdies, it would only serve to further a stereotype.
  • thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    truth wrote:
    The issue I had was that it insinuated something that is not neccesarily the truth for the subject in the image. I felt that was crossing a line that did not feel right. Besdies, it would only serve to further a stereotype.

I agree with you 100% Truth. When I chimed in about not getting/liking the sockets, I was gonna suggest wine bottles or beer cans. However it left me with the same feeling you had about stereotypes and insinuating something that might not be the case.
    Todd Disraeli - Star, Idaho

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    You know, I didn't get the sockets at first, but after the explanation, I like it a lot more than the money. Why? I think the money is too obvious. I like the subtle, unknown quality - even if I didn't understand it at first. If you were to look for something different, I'd go along the same lines - something obscure, but explainable.

I'm really glad you didn't do the syringes or the alcohol bottles. While it would have been an apropos image if it had fit your subject (does he have a name?), but since it doesn't or you aren't sure if it does, I'm really glad you chose not to.

Loving the first image a lot!
    edited November 8, 2006
    You know, I didn't get the sockets at first, but after the explanation, I like it a lot more than the money. Why? I think the money is too obvious. I like the subtle, unknown quality - even if I didn't understand it at first. If you were to look for something different, I'd go along the same lines - something obscure, but explainable.

Loving the first image a lot!

Thanks. I have a another version of the first image that i hope to get to in the next day or so. I found a slightly better background to work with I think.