football (UNAM)

luisferfrancoluisferfranco Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited November 8, 2006 in Sports
I've been shooting trying to apply all the things I've learn in this wonderful forum, and I'm now with a pic I really like, please tell me what you think:

291234046_bfb49afcdd.jpg

This pic is not cropped, only resized (another reason of why I like it so much), I applied the four rules you told me:

1) Razor sharp
2) Ball in pic
3) Face (no matter if I need to overexpose as in this pic)
4) Nice action, the laze in the left foot is something I really like in this pic

Thank you very much all for all your help!!!

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited November 7, 2006
    I've been shooting trying to apply all the things I've learn in this wonderful forum, and I'm now with a pic I really like, please tell me what you think:

291234046_bfb49afcdd.jpg

This pic is not cropped, only resized (another reason of why I like it so much), I applied the four rules you told me:

1) Razor sharp
    2) Ball in pic
    3) Face (no matter if I need to overexpose as in this pic)
    4) Nice action, the laze in the left foot is something I really like in this pic

Thank you very much all for all your help!!!

Luis,
    You are correct. You captured a very nice shot here. I agree about the lace even. thumb.gifthumb.gif

This shot is very over exposed. The histogram hump is right up against the right limit. You need to stop down a bit next time. Either lower your ISO (preferable), or raise the speed.

You can play with the image in post processing. I think you can get good results clap.gif

original.jpg

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • luisferfrancoluisferfranco Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    This shot is very over exposed. The histogram hump is right up against the right limit. You need to stop down a bit next time. Either lower your ISO (preferable), or raise the speed.

Thanks for the comments, as usual, very valuable.

I think I should post the original image, the face was severely underexposed, I think I should have lifted only the face? My problem is when I do that (even with the technique you showed me here) the results are terribly fake!!

Thanks!!!
  • RandySmugMugRandySmugMug Registered Users Posts: 1,651 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    if your iso is 200 there is nothing to lower
    stopping down the aperture may not help either
    shoot in S w/ ss=1/500
    chk the histogram
    if you are overexposed then set EV to -.3
    shoot again & chk histogram
    if necessary then set EV to -.7