thumbnails of favorites being weird after cropping

mkress65mkress65 Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
edited November 7, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hello, I cropped some of the photos that were showing up on my favorites and now some of the thumbnails of my favorites on my main page are short and fat (like me) and others are tall and skinny (like no one in my family) and yet others appear normal. Is this normal thumbnail behavior and I did something wrong? If I click thru the thumbs to the images, the images themselves appear normal.

[Tuesday morning edit: never mind, it appears to have fixed itself over-night; although I'm fairly certain that thumbnail behavior is not the desired one.]

Thanks,

Comments

• PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    mkress65 wrote:
    Hello, I cropped some of the photos that were showing up on my favorites and now some of the thumbnails of my favorites on my main page are short and fat (like me) and others are tall and skinny (like no one in my family) and yet others appear normal. Is this normal thumbnail behavior and I did something wrong? If I click thru the thumbs to the images, the images themselves appear normal.

I sometimes find this behaviour when I rapidly edit lots of thumbnails in tabs using Firefox. For some reason, Firefox occasionally tries to use the new thumnail image in the aspect ratio of the old one. I'm pretty sure that it's a cache issue, and clearing the cache and re-starting the browser would fix it.
  • mkress65mkress65 Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    PBolchover wrote:
    I sometimes find this behaviour when I rapidly edit lots of thumbnails in tabs using Firefox. For some reason, Firefox occasionally tries to use the new thumnail image in the aspect ratio of the old one. I'm pretty sure that it's a cache issue, and clearing the cache and re-starting the browser would fix it.

That's exactly what I use and what happened -- thanks!