My System

BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
edited November 11, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
the old Dewey Decimal System...went by a local library and asked permission to shoot a couple of shots. I was looking for an OLD file cabinet for the Dewey Decimal System, but everything has been moved to computers. Anyone remember the old file cabinets with the index cards..thats what I was looking for...this is what I got. I will need to reshoot, but what do you think of the idea?108776832-L.jpg

Comments

• urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    the old Dewey Decimal System...went by a local library and asked permission to shoot a couple of shots. I was looking for an OLD file cabinet for the Dewey Decimal System, but everything has been moved to computers. Anyone remember the old file cabinets with the index cards..thats what I was looking for...this is what I got. I will need to reshoot, but what do you think of the idea?

I think the idea is great! You might try a Catholic school, they are usually decades behind in moving everything to computers. Also your local "Central" library, they have more historic files; or at the very least maybe a more artistically pleasing setting than the one pictured.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • DizzyDizzy Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    One of the many on the list of things that I generated for myself...might want to focus a little more on the labels with the filing system info to bring the system idea to a bit more clarity. Good idea! - Dizzy
  • BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    Would this composition work better?108848017-L.jpg
  • nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    I like the second composition more and I think it captures the theme better as well.

great work!
  • petesopetepetesopete Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2006
    I think the secon composition goes better with the theme. However, the big white light at the top distracts me, maybe you should think about reducing it.
    first comes love and then comes pain, let the games begin

http://petermeng.smugmug.com
    http://medioabril.blogspot.com

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited November 10, 2006
    Would this composition work better?

I think you're on the right track. It would be improved if you could find an angle that would eliminate the wood on the far right...keep it just books there. You might want to try for a little more DOF so that the books aren't quite so blurred, ne_nau.gif.

Good idea. thumb.gif
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2006
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    It would be improved if you could find an angle that would eliminate the wood on the far right...keep it just books there.
    Good advice, I agree. mwink.gif
  • BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    Thanks for the comments...I will try and reshoot this tomorrow...if the public library is not closed for the holiday weekend. If they are I a outta luck.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 11, 2006
    The only other option I can see that might be interesting is to try to shoot a sign that is on the end of a row, something with an open space in the background rather than large objects. To me the ideal background might be a librarian with a cart of books out of the DOF.