Studio shooting "ish"

BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
edited November 13, 2006 in People
I have a fashion shoot coming up in a few weeks and while the runway part of the show should be easy enough for me to do, I need to also do some canned shots of the models with a requested "simple black or dark grey background alongside of a motorcycle".

Their location is awful for lighting, all flourescent tubes, but I do have my AlienBee's Digibee set up so I should be able to kill the tube lights and use the "bees" to do the shoot....The problem for me is, I don't have a muslin backdrop or a stand. Anyone here give me a recommendation for a decent muslin and stand? It will have to be a set up/tear down type of thing so I cannot install hooks in a wall.

Thanks!

Comments

• OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    Muslin is dated for fashion.. try a seamless paper backdrop which can be taped up to a wall.

Owen
  • BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    Sounds good. Can you recommend a paper that you would use, or more importantly NOT use due to it having a glare coming off of it?
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    Anything made by Savage seems to be good. You can buy it in huge rolls which you can use over and over again for $80.

Owen
  • camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2006
    Glazer's will rent you a stand and you can buy a roll of seamless in just about any color you want. If you're going to use your bee, you'll want something other than white to cut down on shadow. If, on the other hand, you can bring more than one monolight and light the paper, you can eliminate the shadow and go for a roll of superwhite.