Options

seeing

cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
edited December 27, 2004 in People
Uncropped. Handlolding 70mm at 1/10 is probably harder than my 10sec star shot where I had a table to help.

iso320
1/10th
f2.8
70mm
Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph

Comments

• Options
    Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2004
    Hey Charles!
    cmr164 wrote:
    Uncropped. Handlolding 70mm at 1/10 is probably harder than my 10sec star shot where I had a table to help.

iso320
    1/10th
    f2.8
    70mm
    Handholding 70mm at 1/10 is doable (especially if you have IS/VR, was that the case?), although in my experience, not consistently so.

Anyways, I really like your composition on this one. Love the sharpness in the eye!

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2004
    Handholding 70mm at 1/10 is doable (especially if you have IS/VR, was that the case?), although in my experience, not consistently so.

Anyways, I really like your composition on this one. Love the sharpness in the eye!

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
    Thanks. No IS as this was with the 24-70 so I did it the hard way.
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2004
    The composition here is great. I tried similar shots for the last challenge, but never got anything I was happy with. I've got a whole new respect for the portrait photographers now.

Great job on handheld low shutter speed shot.

Do you have a central gallery for all your photos from the trip? I'd like to go through them all. I've only been out of the US once, just a few months ago. I took a cruise with work to Ensanda, Mexico. I don't have any pictures to share since I left my camera battery at home, and couldn't find anywhere to buy one.

It's fascinating to see other cultures when you've lived a sheltered midwest farm boy life.

Dave
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2004
    dkapp wrote:
    The composition here is great. I tried similar shots for the last challenge, but never got anything I was happy with. I've got a whole new respect for the portrait photographers now.
    Just about everyone here leaves me filled with respect. Macro, IR, portrait, culture, street, landscape.... I feel outdone across the board.
    :cry
    dkapp wrote:
    Great job on handheld low shutter speed shot.
    I used to be proud of my night shots but dgrin has taught me some humility there too.
    bowdown.gif
    dkapp wrote:
    Do you have a central gallery for all your photos from the trip? I'd like to go through them all. I've only been out of the US once, just a few months ago. I took a cruise with work to Ensanda, Mexico. I don't have any pictures to share since I left my camera battery at home, and couldn't find anywhere to buy one.

It's fascinating to see other cultures when you've lived a sheltered midwest farm boy life.

Dave
    I have a lot of work to do before it goes up and even then it will probably do double duty as a snap shot gallery so will include tons of memento shots. Give me a week or so.
  • Options
    marygracemarygrace Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2004
    Great shot! Mine never come out this way. I've got to practice harder.
    marygrace
    my photos go here

D200
    D70
    18-70/3.5
    85/1.8
    50/1.8
    lens baby 2.0