Options

Basketball Portrait Template

Skipper1613Skipper1613 Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited February 15, 2008 in Finishing School
I'm working on a template to put basketball portraits from the local YMCA into. I know the picture is mixed up but I didn't have a basketball portrait to insert in the template yet so I used my grandson's football portrait.

This is just a rough idea right now and still needs a lot of finishing touches.

108796926-L.jpg

Any C & C appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    DYancyDYancy Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    The repetitive border of basketballs is visually distracting to me. Why not retain the two basketballs in the UL and LR corners and then use an enlargement of a basketball that is much bigger than the frame itself, faded against the background as the filler for the rest of the border?

Use a shot that really shows the stipple texture of the basketball perhaps, and then drop it into a layer between the gradient background and the UL / LR basketballs, and fade that layer 50% or less.

Just a thought.
    Canon 30D and some stuff for it :wink
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gif I too find the border distracting and I do like DYancy's idea...or just the IL & LR baskeballs and nothing else (from an artistic point only).

Very good work.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Skipper1613Skipper1613 Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif I too find the border distracting and I do like DYancy's idea...or just the IL & LR baskeballs and nothing else (from an artistic point only).

Very good work.

Thanks to both of you for the C & C. I thought my self that the border was too busy and that I needed something but I like the Basketball Idea. I will try something with your suggestions.

Thanks again.

Michael Shober
  • Options
    irinajones11irinajones11 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 15, 2008
    just completed a portrait
    [FONT=&quot]I am a self taught artist who just completed a portrait for a San Antonio, Texas family to honor the memory of a fallen soldier killed in action in Afghanistan in 2006. The family's story appeared in our local news paper some time back and with the help of the news paper that ran the story I was placed in contact with the family, who gave me permission to paint it. Any helpful recommend will appreciate.[/FONT]