Fall Color Portraits

BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
edited November 9, 2006 in People
2 engagement sittings...one for a couple I am shooting their wedding at the end of December...the other my brother-in-law who is going to be married next October and I am IN the wedding. I don't drink much...but I will be that night just so I don't feel like I am at work.

Anywho...

107589024-M.jpg

107572385-M.jpg

108701223-M.jpg

108731620-L.jpg

108750334-M.jpg

all shot with the 85 f1.8 30D and Alien Bee 800 with a silver umbrella

Comments

• binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    i think the blue shirts in the first two were poor wardrobe choices, but that's not your fault!

you need to remove that post over her left shoulder in the last two pictures.

the last one is my favorite, nice work with the light. i usually prefer natural light, but that one's great.
  • BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    i think the blue shirts in the first two were poor wardrobe choices, but that's not your fault!

you need to remove that post over her left shoulder in the last two pictures.

the last one is my favorite, nice work with the light. i usually prefer natural light, but that one's great.

Couple of strokes with the Wacom took care of the post....weird that I didn't find it distracting until you mentioned it...then it had to go. I like natural light as well, but for those real golden hour afternoon type shots it is hard to achieve a nice effect without some flash. Sun to shade here was a 5 stop difference. Thanks for the comments.
  • fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    My advice- The first one needs to be cropped to just their heads- the position of his hands emphasizes her hips (which NO woman wants unless she's perfect!) And about the blue shirts- my only suggestion is change them to B&W! :) But enough criticism! I really like how natural and comfortable they look in the last picture!
  • Alaska shutterbugAlaska shutterbug Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2006
    fcorin13 wrote:
    My advice- The first one needs to be cropped to just their heads- the position of his hands emphasizes her hips (which NO woman wants unless she's perfect!) And about the blue shirts- my only suggestion is change them to B&W! :) But enough criticism! I really like how natural and comfortable they look in the last picture!

I was thinking the same thing.
  • BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2006
    fcorin13 wrote:
    (which NO woman wants unless she's perfect!)

perfect only exsists in a Creator and the twisted ideals of we humans who are flawed by design. I think large masculine hands on a woman's hips make them look naturally slimmer, and add intimacy and passion to a portrait. While I see your point of view, cropping to the faces or upper body would destroy the background composition and rob the shot of a strong bottom.
  • hammyhammy Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2006
    I also think that the first one is a really unflattering pose for lady. Possible standing her sideways more, and not so flat to the camera would halp rectify the prob, I like the last few, great colors
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2006
    In the first one, the first thing I notice is their expressions as they look at each other. Especially the man's. Then I look at the rest of the picture...then I look back at their faces. They look like they are totally gone for one another. Nice capture on that. :):
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose