nikon D2H - Sigma 18-50 2.8

108924523-M.jpg

108924545-M.jpg

108924531-M.jpg

108924534-M.jpg

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 8, 2006
    You've tossed your whole repertoire at us this morning, from whitewater paddlers to some lovely young ladies!! Nice work, and thanks for sharing thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• igophotoigophoto Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    You've tossed your whole repertoire at us this morning, from whitewater paddlers to some lovely young ladies!! Nice work, and thanks for sharing thumb.gif

little bit of this, little bit of that.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

ne_nau.gif
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    the first picture is ok, the sideways angle like that isn't my favorite, but i see what you were going for.

photo quality-wise, the 2nd picture looks like it's taken out of maxim, great skin, thumb.gif very nice work, but i think her head is too tiltled.

i think sepia is tacky, so i'm trying to ignore the third shot.

in the forth picture i don't like how her head is chopped off and her left (our right) breast appears to have a crease in it from her bathing suit, and i don't find that attractive. i also don't like the wall behind her.

overall, i like your work and see some great potential. i'd love to see more of you work!
  • igophotoigophoto Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    overall, i like your work and see some great potential. i'd love to see more of you work!

I agree! Great stuff!!!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    I like the first photograph but the winner for me is the sepia shot. It has the right setup, light and pose.
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    I agree these are all good shots and could be great. I like the first one conceptually, but the lips seem sharper than the eyes. If it is supposed to be soft focus then blur the lips. If the DOF is where the blur is coming into play, the eyes have to the sharpest poin on her face.

#2 - I agree with too much tilt and the cropped head, but it also seems her right hip juts out too much. She almost looks scrunched into the frame shape as if inside a box.

#3 I like the sepia but the face seems blown out compared to the rest of the image.

I too would like to see more. Great ideas.
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac