White Water Paddlers..

igophotoigophoto Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited November 12, 2006 in Sports
Shot at the Charlotte White Water National Center....Very cool spot for photos.

98684633-M.jpg

98684628-M.jpg

98127285-M.jpg

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 8, 2006
    Great shots!

USNWC, Pretty amazing place! I'd be curious to see any shots you have that take-in more of the whole facility. It's on my must-visit list. nod.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• igophotoigophoto Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Great shots!

USNWC, Pretty amazing place! I'd be curious to see any shots you have that take-in more of the whole facility. It's on my must-visit list. nod.gif

The place itself is pretty boring to look at. Its flat land with fake rocks scattered about and trees in the background. The cool thing is I shot these while sitting next to the river with my feet dangling in. I was probably no more than 15 feet from the paddlers.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 8, 2006
    igophoto wrote:
    The place itself is pretty boring to look at. Its flat land with fake rocks scattered about and trees in the background. The cool thing is I shot these while sitting next to the river with my feet dangling in. I was probably no more than 15 feet from the paddlers.
    I guess I can see that... but if you got excited about the "convenience" as a photographer, think about how exciting it is for boaters! They even have a "boat-lift" that takes you back up the rapid!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• igophotoigophoto Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I guess I can see that... but if you got excited about the "convenience" as a photographer, think about how exciting it is for boaters! They even have a "boat-lift" that takes you back up the rapid!

Yeah, thats a big draw. There is a big trash can I can get pictures of paddlers going under, even the best of them. But after that turn there is one where they take turns playing in the rapids. They really get worn out. then they go to the lift that shoots them back up. Pretty cool stuff.
  • johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    Cool shots. Definitely something different. Love the expression in 3
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited November 9, 2006
    Unless you'd told me, I would have never guessed where the shots were
    taken.

Very cool!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2006
    Having just moved to Charlotee it is on my places to visit for sure..