Seems awful glitchy to me

RKeatonRKeaton Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
edited November 14, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I'm having a problem uploading and didn't see it mentioned in the reports of problems in the threads below.

I open an existing gallery (usually my slideshow gallery, when I want to add fresh images to it), then click add photos, and after dropping my image into the 'green smuggy' the entire window disappears. It has happened a half dozen times in the last week, maybe two.

I will open IE again (I've been using the new version of IE which I like just as much as Firefox for general web use) and it always seems to take a while for it to start up again. But once it does, I go back to my Smugmug site and try again to upload the image(s) and it works without incident. The second time, no problem. But the first time, forget about it.

Anyone??

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    RKeaton wrote:
    I'm having a problem uploading and didn't see it mentioned in the reports of problems in the threads below.

I open an existing gallery (usually my slideshow gallery, when I want to add fresh images to it), then click add photos, and after dropping my image into the 'green smuggy' the entire window disappears. It has happened a half dozen times in the last week, maybe two.

I will open IE again (I've been using the new version of IE which I like just as much as Firefox for general web use) and it always seems to take a while for it to start up again. But once it does, I go back to my Smugmug site and try again to upload the image(s) and it works without incident. The second time, no problem. But the first time, forget about it.

Anyone??

Hi Rob, clear your SmugMug cookies in IE7, and then log back in. Give it a go, accept the application plugin, and upload. Let us know.

Try with Firefox, too.

Thanks.
  • RKeatonRKeaton Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    Can you tell me how to delete only Smugmug cookies without deleting all the rest? Thank yooo!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    RKeaton wrote:
    Can you tell me how to delete only Smugmug cookies without deleting all the rest? Thank yooo!
    In IE, you can't. In FF, you can, just search by smugmug....
  • RKeatonRKeaton Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    In IE, you can't. In FF, you can, just search by smugmug....
    Just fyi, I never cleared the cookies in IE7 because I didn't want to delete all of them. And several uploads later it's still doing the same thing, very predictably. As soon as I drag a file into the 'smuggy' window - poof - the whole thing shuts down, all tabs. I open it all up again and no problem, the upload goes through fine.

It may well be something is wrong with my computer. For now I'm just uploading through FF so it's no big deal (assuming I'm the only member experiencing this glitch), just a minor mystery.