Culture Of Pakistan (Long) dialup frienldly

2»

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    Seneca wrote:
    Oh my gosh that pottery is so beautiful - I know if I went there I'd would take hundreds of pictures and also bring back some pottery.

Your pictures are beautiful...what a beautiful story they tell.thumb.gif

Thanks Bakat and Seneca you are always welcome here when ever you want thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    Thank you Awais Yaqub!
  • Carbon BasedCarbon Based Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2006
    Great Series, Awais!!! I like the handcrafted items, the ceramic pottery is great.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.drawingwithlight.smugmug.com
  • asamuelasamuel Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2006
    as-Salaam Alaikum Awais.Good to see your project. I would like to see more, around your neighbourhood, normal days and evenings. Day to day life in Islamabad is something few people could capture. Its the same for evey individual and their environment. I think Islamabad can offer some interesting vistas to catch people in. The roads being so symmetrical and different to anything else in PAkistan.

I am thinking aloud, I will be in India after Christmas and I am thinking about crossing over to Pakistan again and going back to the NWFP and maybe Balochistan again if things are good. Anyway its just an idea but I will tell you if it happens.thumb.gif
    where's the cheese at?

http://www.samuelbedford.com
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited November 16, 2006
    Awais,

Sorry I'm late to this picture party.

These are a wonderful series, and you are truly a master of the H5. I feel like I learned a bit about your culture and history. I suspect this is exactly what photography was invented to do, and you certainly have the skills to complement the camera.

Thanks so much,

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • germaine_sbagermaine_sba Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2006
    A beautiful and informative series. I'm a textile junkie, so I really loved the pictures of the costumes and people doing needlework. Thanks for sharing. This was really special. clap.gif
    Lord, keep my words sweet. Someday, I may have to eat them.
    http://www.germaine.smugmug.com
    edited November 17, 2006
    asamuel wrote:
    as-Salaam Alaikum Awais.Good to see your project. I would like to see more, around your neighbourhood, normal days and evenings. Day to day life in Islamabad is something few people could capture. Its the same for evey individual and their environment. I think Islamabad can offer some interesting vistas to catch people in. The roads being so symmetrical and different to anything else in PAkistan.

I am thinking aloud, I will be in India after Christmas and I am thinking about crossing over to Pakistan again and going back to the NWFP and maybe Balochistan again if things are good. Anyway its just an idea but I will tell you if it happens.thumb.gif
    Walkum As Salaam
    i have few photos in my gallery of day to day life. i agree Islamabad is most different city then any other in Pakistan.I also heard from Indian guy who lived in Islamabad that even India dont have city like that.
    Balochistan hmm i will tell you the truth people were really friendly and hospitable before .....come to pakistan through Wahaga bordar it is special and you will get to Lahore a very culture filled city with a lot ancient archtiecture with very friendly people. from there you can board a coaster 3.5hrs you will be in Islamabad
    Balochistan and NWFP is very difficult to visit these days thay dont even like us to visit there rolleyes1.gif
    Balochistan's capital is Quetta bomb blasts every day
    Peshawar is capital of NWFP the birth place of Alqida (as what they tell us)
    Quetta at no cost but Peshawar is better :ivar
    And also it depends on luck you can meet bad people anywhere as they are everywhere but i think yopur journy wont be much difficut to these areas.

Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited November 17, 2006
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Awais,

Sorry I'm late to this picture party.

These are a wonderful series, and you are truly a master of the H5. I feel like I learned a bit about your culture and history. I suspect this is exactly what photography was invented to do, and you certainly have the skills to complement the camera.

Thanks so much,

ziggy53

Thanks Ziggy you are the people i read before going anywhere for photos
    and i am glad photography was invented clap.gif

My Gallery
    edited November 17, 2006
    A beautiful and informative series. I'm a textile junkie, so I really loved the pictures of the costumes and people doing needlework. Thanks for sharing. This was really special. clap.gif

Thanks Germain i am glad you enjoyed and found them informative. For your info i am from Textile Hub of Pakistan "Faisalabad" if you need any info email or PM me. i have few relatives who run textile industries wings.gif

Here is for more info about hand work
    It is quite common here nearly all females are expert at these things. This is very good occupation for women here.They can earn lots of money at home with this work. This active through out the year even bridal dress are made at home.

My Gallery