Groove System

hesaiashesaias Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
edited November 11, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I did this shoot with my old Minolta Z1. Now that I have my DSLR, I decided to reshoot to see if I could get the detail I wanted I could not get with the PS camera. I set this up on my Coffee Table much to my wifs, chagrin :barb

Small%20Groove%20System.jpg
Scott

Canon Rebel XT
Canon 580 EX Speedlight
Canon EF 50mm f1.8
Canon EF IS 28-135mm f/3.2-5.6
Canon EFL 70-200 f/2.8
SanDisk Ultra IIs

Comments

• nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2006
    I really like this shot and how the two objects seem to be blended together. good work!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited November 10, 2006
    hesaias wrote:
    I did this shoot with my old Minolta Z1. Now that I have my DSLR, I decided to reshoot to see if I could get the detail I wanted I could not get with the PS camera. I set this up on my Coffee Table much to my wifs, chagrin wings.gif
    Nice shot. It might be more interesting if the guitar were angled diagonally. You would probably have to put the amp on something to make it higher. Not sure what your wife would think. :hide
  • hesaiashesaias Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Nice shot. It might be more interesting if the guitar were angled diagonally. You would probably have to put the amp on something to make it higher. Not sure what your wife would think. :hide

Ha! She gave me "the eye" when she came in from work and found the amp on the coffee table, and the guitar supported by a roll of Duct Tape to get it at the proper height.

She is really supportive though :D

I will try your suggestion. I am getting a nice visual of hat idea now.
    Scott

Canon Rebel XT
    Canon 580 EX Speedlight
    Canon EF 50mm f1.8
    Canon EF IS 28-135mm f/3.2-5.6
    Canon EFL 70-200 f/2.8
    SanDisk Ultra IIs
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    One quick suggestion
    Stop the aperature down as it looks like the control names are OOF. Depending on where your focus lies is also a consideration.....tripod and f/14 will do the trick.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552