mariah.

gavingavin Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
edited November 10, 2006 in People
Went out to do a friend of the family a favour the other night at her first concert. Um i have mized feeling with my results.... the lighting was kina bad. The house used a lot of red and yellow lights which don;t complimate the skin at all. Also i was only alowed in my seat, wasn't able to move around :( o well. Again with the bad lighting I was shooting at ISO 500 and somtimes 800 to even get a decent shutter speed with my 80-200 2.8. And everyone knows that Nikon + high ISO = NOISE.

ANy comments are welcome. New to this style of photography.

2ie9.jpg

13at9.jpg

16uo8.jpg

21bu9.jpg
D700 and some glass

www.gjohnstone.com

Comments

• fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2006
    Wow! Talk about bad conditions to shoot in! Anyways- #3 the color looks pretty good, but it just doesn't do anything for me otherwise! Love #4, but it seems kind of harsh. I think it would lend well to b&w. Maybe make the harshness seem more like contrast? But I really like #1. It has a lot of emotion. Only complaint is the guy's head sticking up in the back is a little distracting. Otherwise, I think it's a great use of the odd stage light colors! :) Great job!
  • NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2006
    I also find the first and the third one very very nice!
    As fcorin13 siad, try a B/W conversion with the others, I think they will turn out great.