Options

Feature request 2: Pictures in multiple folders

dsl25dsl25 Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited December 26, 2004 in SmugMug Support
... and here's a second one:

Each uploaded picture is put in a SINGLE folder, although it probably could belong to several ones.

Why are not being able to give to "tag" each picture to be part of SEVERAL folders/albums/galleries?:scratch

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2004
    This has been asked for a while
    dsl25 wrote:
    ... and here's a second one:

Each uploaded picture is put in a SINGLE folder, although it probably could belong to several ones.

Why are not being able to give to "tag" each picture to be part of SEVERAL folders/albums/galleries?headscratch.gif
    Hopefully, with more customers (like you, me and others:-) requesting this feature it will get to the "Don's List" sooner:-)

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    dsl25dsl25 Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited December 26, 2004
    Nikolai wrote:
    Hopefully, with more customers (like you, me and others:-) requesting this feature it will get to the "Don's List" sooner:-)
    Yes, really hope so!
    I've visited, tried, checked and experimented with tons of websites, scripts, softs and blogs related with picture galleries and I've always been extremely surprised to see that none of them was able to imlement such a feature, which seems to be to be reallly a basic one - even for text articles.

i.e. when you publish travel photos and you want to obtain a kind of journal, you first make them appear under chronological folders, which sounds logical. But why not have them archived AT THE SAME TIME also under other topic related folders (Paris, New-York, cars, planes, Samantha, meal receipts, flowers, blabla...)?

Never really understood this lack of feature and I don't really think it's a big deal: it's just a question of adding tags to each picture, allowing them to be part of other folder(s).

OK, let's see what happens here.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2004
    It can be implemented ina tons of different ways
    The "only" roadbloacks are:
    1. For some reason it was not in the original design..
    2. Introducing something like that while having thousands of "live" customers and millions of already uploaded files can potentially screw up all the existing accounts..
    Also, such transition would require a lot of R&D/IT horsepower - which may not be necessarily availalbe..

Let's hope for the best - and use whatever is available now:-)

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"