Photo printing

AZsnapperAZsnapper Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
edited November 9, 2006 in Finishing School
Not sure if this is the right forum, but where do people send out photos to be printed commercialy? Any reccomendations? I tried Ritz Camera, it was OK, but nothing great. I'm wondering if there's a place where you can send the digital pics for printing that people have had good results with.
Visit my web site
www.shadowlakes.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2006
    AZsnapper wrote:
    Not sure if this is the right forum, but where do people send out photos to be printed commercialy? Any reccomendations? I tried Ritz Camera, it was OK, but nothing great. I'm wondering if there's a place where you can send the digital pics for printing that people have had good results with.
    Well, of course I'm partial to SmugMug (and our lab EZPrints). But I see you have your own website (nice job, btw, and lovely work you do!).

you can try:

www.ezprints.com
    www.whcc.com
    www.mpix.com

Good luck!
  • AZsnapperAZsnapper Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2006
    Prints
    Yes, I should also try Smugmug :)

It just seems hard to find a good quality print facility. Seems like alot like to 'auto process' the image, so the final out put can be a crap shoot

Andy wrote:
    Well, of course I'm partial to SmugMug (and our lab EZPrints). But I see you have your own website (nice job, btw, and lovely work you do!).

you can try:

www.ezprints.com
    www.whcc.com
    www.mpix.com

Good luck!
    Visit my web site
    www.shadowlakes.com
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2006
    EzPrints, Mpix and Costco
    AZsnapper wrote:

EzPrints and Mpix print great images for online labs.

For local prints or something you need quickly or for tons of 4x6s, I've been impressed with Costco and they are very inexpensive. You can upload and order on the web and then pick up your prints a few hours later.

With any lab, you should make sure you specify whether they are supposed to do auto adjustments or not. If you have hand tweaked everything on a calibrated monitor, then turn auto-adjustments off. If you aren't so sure about your tweaks, then leave auto-adjustments turned on or order some test prints both ways and see what looks better.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question