Printing on canvas?

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited April 15, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Any reason EZ prints offers this and SmugMug does not?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2006
    truth wrote:
    Yes, there is.

I've tested canvas, and we have them "ready to go" but it will be some time in the future before these, and hopefully some other new products, are added to our shopping cart.

Thanks.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 9, 2006
    Interesting. Is there a hitch to adapting a photo to print properly on canvas vs. paper? Some sort of exposure issue would seem to make sense.
    edited November 9, 2006
    truth wrote:
    Interesting. Is there a hitch to adapting a photo to print properly on canvas vs. paper? Some sort of exposure issue would seem to make sense.
    Nope- nothing you need to do for canvas vs. regular paper.
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Nope- nothing you need to do for canvas vs. regular paper.

Stupid question here....

Lets say *I* want to order prints and or gifts - I don't have it set up on my site for anyone to order anything: so how would I have to do it if I wanted to order shtuf? Enable shopping cart??

And btw: awesome that you indicate what the min res of a photo for gifts as that was my next question...
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

edited November 9, 2006
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Stupid question here....

Lets say *I* want to order prints and or gifts - I don't have it set up on my site for anyone to order anything: so how would I have to do it if I wanted to order shtuf? Enable shopping cart??

And btw: awesome that you indicate what the min res of a photo for gifts as that was my next question...
    Yep. Gallery tools>customize Gallery, turn printing ON.

wave.gif
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2006
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Stupid question here....

If you have it set to no printing option, to order prints you would need to turn on the print option. You could temporarily make the gallery non-public or put a password on it, do an order, then switch it back to how you originally had it. I am assuming you want the gallery to remain non orderable.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited April 13, 2007
    truth wrote:
    No. mwink.gif
  • LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    Baldy wrote:
    No. mwink.gif

w00000t

very sek-c iloveyou.gif
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
    edited April 13, 2007
    LiquidOps wrote:
    w00000t

very sek-c iloveyou.gif
    thumb.gif
  • pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    Very cool. I'll have to give this a try in a week or so. I'd be interested to hear anyone's practical experiences with rolled and mounted canvas prints as well as how durable this product is.
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited April 15, 2007
    I just bought some rolled and mounted because I have the same questions. I'll report back when I get 'em.

The first samples we received weren't very water resistant but since then they've added Giclee clear coat for UV and water resistance:

http://www.breathingcolor.com/bc/catalog/index.php?cPath=600